It's not obvious is it?

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who feeds the cats?

I snuck around back to try and sneak a pic of them waiting but they spotted me!!

Out the front door.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like a scene from a movie! Invasion of the cats. lol Are they all yours?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

It's like a scene from a movie! Invasion of the cats. lol Are they all yours?
I didn't bring any of them here, but I feed them all and named them all and I'm getting all of them spayed and neutered (four down). I
them!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I see Gus and Maggie right in the middle of the action!

Are they definitely a colony or just a collection of strays... I don't recall if you said.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love your strays/ferals. Its great that you are getting them spayed/neutered and feeding them.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

I didn't bring any of them here, but I feed them all and named them all and I'm getting all of them spayed and neutered (four down). I
them!
Oh my goodness! You are super awesome!

We had six outdoors, three were kittens and brought indoors to foster. Two of the adults are spayed. And we occasionally see some pass through, but they don't stay long enough for us to trap after we notice them.
I worry about how my neighbors feel about the cats. I hope your neighbors are better than some of mine!

Your kitties are lovely, BTW.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

And I see Gus and Maggie right in the middle of the action!

Are they definitely a colony or just a collection of strays... I don't recall if you said.
Some are strays, some are ferals. The Fluffballs, Hef and the gray guy are strays. Gus is probably a stray, but was on his own so long that he turned feral, but eventually I got him retamed. Maggie, Mrs. M, Wil, Mya and Mel were all born out here, though.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Oh my goodness! You are super awesome!

We had six outdoors, three were kittens and brought indoors to foster. Two of the adults are spayed. And we occasionally see some pass through, but they don't stay long enough for us to trap after we notice them.
I worry about how my neighbors feel about the cats. I hope your neighbors are better than some of mine!

Your kitties are lovely, BTW.
Thanks!

Most of the neighbors are cool. I think there is one neighbor that complained to the land manager because we got something in the mail to stop feeding the cats. I know who it is though, because there is only one porch that I've never seen any food on. I don't care though! It's not the cat's fault they're homeless! It's people's fault! And these cats DESERVE to have someone take care of them and love them and that's what I'm going to do and they can't stop me. They can evict me I suppose, but I would still show up here twice a day to feed them.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so kind of you to look after them all. You have a very kind heart.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks!

Most of the neighbors are cool. I think there is one neighbor that complained to the land manager because we got something in the mail to stop feeding the cats. I know who it is though, because there is only one porch that I've never seen any food on. I don't care though! It's not the cat's fault they're homeless! It's people's fault! And these cats DESERVE to have someone take care of them and love them and that's what I'm going to do and they can't stop me. They can evict me I suppose, but I would still show up here twice a day to feed them.
Have you ever tried to reach out to a local rescue group to help with the spay/neuter or to help place the ones that are somewhat friendly? I just did a find on petfinder.com for your home town and found one that is a no kill shelters that specialize in cats:
http://members.petfinder.org/~KS86/aboutus.html

This one has a TNR program:
http://www.caringhandshs.com/

You are wonderful for taking care of these cats. Sometimes neighbors can be a real pain and if they start to really complain about you, you will want a way to take care of these cats quickly or risk having them rounded up by animal control.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so great that you take care of and feed these cats!even greater you are getting them fixed!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely bunch of kitties

I'm so glad they found someone like you, willing to get them fixed and feeding them.

By the looks of things, they
ya for it

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Have you ever tried to reach out to a local rescue group to help with the spay/neuter or to help place the ones that are somewhat friendly? I just did a find on petfinder.com for your home town and found one that is a no kill shelters that specialize in cats:
http://members.petfinder.org/~KS86/aboutus.html

This one has a TNR program:
http://www.caringhandshs.com/

You are wonderful for taking care of these cats. Sometimes neighbors can be a real pain and if they start to really complain about you, you will want a way to take care of these cats quickly or risk having them rounded up by animal control.
Thank you! I emailed one of the rescues, I didn't know what to tell them, so I just said I'm maintaining a colony of ferals and strays and do the TNR thing. I don't need to worry about animal control, they won't come here anymore. The shelter is full. That's what I heard any way.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you! I emailed one of the rescues, I didn't know what to tell them, so I just said I'm maintaining a colony of ferals and strays and do the TNR thing. I don't need to worry about animal control, they won't come here anymore. The shelter is full. That's what I heard any way.
I worked for a no-kill shelter that specialized in cats and had a TNR program. What caught our attention when people contacted us were things like this:

You've been feeding these cats and spay/neutering them as you can.
Some of them are not really feral, and could be placed in permanent homes if they could go into a program.
You're willing to care for the colony going forward.
You want to get the rest of the cats spayed/neutered.
I don't know your financial situation, but knowing that most rescues live on a shoestring budget, offering to pay for the speuters (if you can) will go a long way.

They might have some funding reserved to help pay for the spay/neuters, or traps to help you catch them to get them speutered. My group got a lot of food donations and actually gave me food to feed my feral colony, even though I protested that I could afford to do so myself.

I've helped people like yourself thru the rescue group that I worked for. I taught people how to trap, transported them to the clinic, returned and released them. There were days where the caregiver couldn't be there for trapping so I sat and watched the traps. There are a lot of ways to get help from them, but you do want to know what help you want from them.

PM me if you want any particular points.

And about animal control: doesn't matter if they are full. If they catch a feral cat it is almost always euthanized and they don't need room for them at the shelter. Too many towns still support trap and kill.