Help needed for name and possibly logo.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you know by now what happened with the rescue organization that I was with. If not and you're interested in knowing, then the thread is here.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185175

Anyway.

Several people have come to me telling me that I should start a small scale rescue dealing (at first) only with a TNR and medical rescues.

Well we've got a small group of people willing to help out. Financially and with other things (vet transport, etc) We aren't going to start with an actual adoption center yet. We are going to be run out of foster homes. We don't think we'll have that many animals to begin with. We are more concentrating on the TNR than anything.

The thing is, we want to become a registered charity so we can give people tax receipts. It gives people more incentive to give if they know they can get a little something out of it.

But we need a name for it. I've been racking my brain for something having to do with second chances or hope or compassion or something but I can't come up with anything.

I'm also trying to think of a logo, but no luck there. That's not as important as the group name though. We need a name to apply for the canadian charity number.

Any help is super appreciated!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not very good at this, but here are some spur-of-the moment ideas

Second beginnings
Turn around Kitties (somehow I envision cats living at the end of a cul-de-sac with this one...it isn't very good)
A helping Paw or Helping Paws
Kitten Beginnings
Second Chance Cats

That is the best I could do

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Save The Strays comes to mind, but I think there already is a rescue with that name.. or maybe Im thinking of Save OUR Strays?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not very creative... but how about "Lucky Cats Rescue"?

(Sort of invokes imagery of the Maneki Neko, the Japanese lucky cats... implying that the cats bring luck to you as well.)

Your logo could be a lucky cat, or to make it simple... the silhouette of a lucky cat.

redcivic927

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
all very good ideas im seein :p as for the logo part im a graphics designer!! lol..well i went to college for it and i was doing design before then...just never finished the college part cuz i moved here to st.louis and a whole load of other things happend..i just recently got my photoshop gear back on my new laptop and a few other things here..so im a bit rusty but its easy stuff so if you need any help or suggestions id be more than willing
also was doing a little of web design..that i will have to really work on lol its been years!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the idea's. I really like Second Beginnings and Twice Chosen.

We aren't going to rescue just cats, also. I guess I should have mentioned that. Dogs will be included as well. Just not as a TNR. Since we don't have stray dogs around here.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

FurEver Found sounds like a good name for a microchip company to me, but I like FurEver Home or something like that
But would that work when the main goal at the moment is medical assistance and TNR?

I thought the suggestion of Helping Paws was rather nice. It could make for a very simple logo that would work well for (cheaper printing) t-shirts. Something simple like a paw or two (one cat, one dog) with the name over it.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

But would that work when the main goal at the moment is medical assistance and TNR?

I thought the suggestion of Helping Paws was rather nice. It could make for a very simple logo that would work well for (cheaper printing) t-shirts. Something simple like a paw or two (one cat, one dog) with the name over it.

I think "FurEver Found" doesn't aptly convey what you've described you will be doing. Although, the alliteration sounded nice!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. I'm not sure what to do here.
Because I Ddo plan on growing and actually having a shelter inthe London ON area. But for now all we will be doing is medical rescue and TNR.

But I want a name that makes sense. I don't want to have to change the name or apply for a new Charity number.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see you're from Canada; perhaps something that incorporates that fact, like "Maple Leaf Mutts and Meows", or some such thing. It has a way of inferring it's the official Rescue of Canada.
And it would be easy to work a cute puppy/kitty logo inside of a maple leaf symbol.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and my friend are not sure but we sorta like Spay And Neuter The Animals (SANTA) lol.

We have pretty much given up on the name bit. But we have already rehomed 2 cats with no name or charity number.

I am still trying to find the stupid charity application ont he government website.

But this is still a go. Just taking a while to get off the ground