My time at the Humane Society

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Back in October I got a job at the Humane Society. It was tough on me. I lasted a week. There were cats brought in because the owners beat them. There were pit bulls that were used as bait dogs. I remember in particular this one female pitbull tht was used as a bait dog, she had all her teeth removed and she had scars. She would bark at other dogs when they walked by. She was nice to the staff. It was heartbreaking to see the animals put down. Shortly after, I found a job working at a Honda dealership at the parts counter. It just broke my heart seeing the suffering of these animals. It made me think how different Mr Jinx's life would have been had he not been adopted by me.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yes....i volunteer my 1st day at the spca on monday, im nervous already cause i know i will notice when some of the animals that are gone...i just figure keep them clean and comfortable with some love and figure out ways to save them.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. It breaks my heart to see abused animals. I "adopted" a few outdoor kitties. (Took them for spaying and vaccinations, my SO feeds them in the evening.) It's a drop in the bucket, but every bit helps.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

yes....i volunteer my 1st day at the spca on monday, im nervous already cause i know i will notice when some of the animals that are gone...i just figure keep them clean and comfortable with some love and figure out ways to save them.
Aw...sending prayers and vibes of encouragement out to you
Remember, at least they are at the shelter and those bad things are behind them. It will be sad when some are put down, but you will have been a blessing to them and they will cross RB knowing what kindness & love feels like, and where they go, they will never suffer again.