One damp thing after another!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(And if you want to drop the "p" in damp, that's closer to my thoughts on the subgect matter! But a bit of history here....

Since Christmas we've been trying to find and fix a leak in the water lines at the bakery....under a concrete slab. Finished that up and replaced the concrete in the holes Friday.

Saturday morning....since I've been sick, we stripped all the covers and stuff off the bed to wash them........the pump on the washer went out (mind you, mine at home has been torn up for about a year now, but is more expensive to fix than the one at the bakery.....

Saturday afternoon...went home, logged online for a bit...stopped to fix supper....sometime, somehow, I lost my aircard for my laptop (its a USB port, portable modem).....Found it Sunday night.....upside down, totally submerged in a glass of water!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Needless to say, I've taken the hints that I read in one of the threads here, and currently it's buried in a bowl of salt......and I'm at my mom's for a little bit......if it doesn't dry out and work, I'll be offline more than on until we get a new one..,......

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vibes that the Water Gods stopped being angry with you!

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aircard eh, i think that must be the same thing i have for my laptop, only its called a dongle here?

just slap it in a usb hole and it connects, it uses the same satelites that my mobile uses so coverage is very good.

does that sound like the same thing???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jezmondo69

aircard eh, i think that must be the same thing i have for my laptop, only its called a dongle here?

just slap it in a usb hole and it connects, it uses the same satelites that my mobile uses so coverage is very good.

does that sound like the same thing???
Yup, sounds like what we have! Mind you, a few years ago, we were running a point of sale program that if you used it on more than one computer required you to buy a little black box that attached to the serial port of the main computer......it was called a dongle too, lol!

Ok....I have to admit I'm shocked....I came home and removed said aircard from its salt bed, plugged it in and it worked like a charm! I don't know for how long, but at the moment, it works
. It is insured though, so all we have to do is call, give them the info and they'll ship us a refurbished one overnight.....we send back the old one and the "deductible" of I think $50......well worth it!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear it worked
My friends son dropped his I-pod in the toilet. She let it sit for a few days it worked fine.