TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Voter fraud still turning up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Voter fraud still turning up

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Its really starting to look like Ann Coulter is turning voter fraud into a personal modus operandi.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/comment/reply/8902

Its surely a wonder that flyby Fox hasnt said one thing about this
post #2 of 24
I find it interesting how the media picks and choses which celebrities they drag thru the mud. If you google it, the only major paper that has picked up this story is the NY Times, and that under gossip. It's still making rounds in the blogs.

She's got a coat of teflon on her to deflect public criticism. It will be interesting to see if this evolves.
post #3 of 24
Voter fraud is voter fraud. I'd love to see it all cut down.

But...where do you think Obama voted? How about McCain? Kennedy? Lieberman?

They all live and work in Washington, DC, and its surrounding suburbs. And yet they all voted in their "home" state.

I suspect Coulter's position will be that as a national journalist and pundit, she spends a lot of time in NYC, so she needed a base there, but she is still technically a resident of Connecticut. But we shall see.
post #4 of 24
Surprising it's not headlining everywhere, Ms. Coulter is usually pretty hated among the press.
post #5 of 24
Well, I did notice that the link up above chose an amazingly unflattering photo of her. Not that she's good looking under any circumstances, way too skinny for my tastes!
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Well, I did notice that the link up above chose an amazingly unflattering photo of her. Not that she's good looking under any circumstances, way too skinny for my tastes!
Funny how something from 2003 seems to be news now as well, lol.

Have you read her story about her recently deceased dad? People can say what they want, she's not as heartless as people think. He used to give her heck about her short skirts.
post #7 of 24
Did she vote in both states?

If not, then what exactly is the issue here? That she may have made a mistake about where to register to vote, and voted where she was registered? Why should this be a national story anyway? And if the other major news outlets haven't deemed it worthy of airtime, why should Fox be held to any different standard?

I guess Geithner can be excused for making a $45,000 "mistake" on his taxes and be put in charge of the IRS, but Ann Coulter can't be excused by some for possibly making a "mistake" in where to vote. If she got it wrong, then by all means seek whatever restitution is due (I assume it's a monetary fine, if she didn't vote more than once), but there's no reason to crucify her for something like this, unless you're just looking for another excuse to crucify another conservative commentator.
post #8 of 24
Thread Starter 
I mentioned Fox because they are the ones that went into panic mode every time voter frauds was even mentioned. But when it goes the other way they dont seem to bothered about it

Funny how somebody meeting somebody 10 years ago is worth crusifying somebody over, but when its somebody that might have actually done something fraudulent 2 and 4 years ago the shoe is on the other foot
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleeko View Post
I mentioned Fox because they are the ones that went into panic mode every time voter frauds was even mentioned. But when it goes the other way they dont seem to bothered about it

Funny how somebody meeting somebody 10 years ago is worth crusifying somebody over, but when its somebody that might have actually done something fraudulent 2 and 4 years ago the shoe is on the other foot

I have to presume, given your political leanings, that you don't actually watch Fox News. I never saw anyone on Fox "go into a panic" about voter fraud. They covered the same stories that every other news outlet did.

I am also presuming that your second paragraph is about Ayers and Obama? If so, that's 100% irrelevant to the discussion and you're just fishing for an example. Ann Coulter isn't running for President.

And I also note that you didn't bother answering any of my other questions - Is she accused of casting more than one vote? That would be cause for great concern and true voter fraud. Otherwise, this is really a non-issue regarding "fraud", more of a technicality. Or why you think this should be getting national attention, except that she's a conservative in the spotlight?
post #10 of 24
Fox DID cover some examples of apparent voter fraud, such as Obama campaign workers registering and voting in Ohio when they were only there for a short time (an obvious attempt to skew an important state), and they covered attempts by an organization associated with Obama that was apparently trying to fraudulently register voters. Both of those were also covered on the other networks.

That sort of thing, whoever does it, should be a concern to all of us, because all we have to influence our representatives is our vote, in the long run.
post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
I have to presume, given your political leanings, that you don't actually watch Fox News. I never saw anyone on Fox "go into a panic" about voter fraud. They covered the same stories that every other news outlet did.

I am also presuming that your second paragraph is about Ayers and Obama? If so, that's 100% irrelevant to the discussion and you're just fishing for an example. Ann Coulter isn't running for President.

And I also note that you didn't bother answering any of my other questions - Is she accused of casting more than one vote? That would be cause for great concern and true voter fraud. Otherwise, this is really a non-issue regarding "fraud", more of a technicality. Or why you think this should be getting national attention, except that she's a conservative in the spotlight?
Its very revelant because it was brought up by someone else earlier in the thread that the length of time since the event should have some bearing on its news worthiness. Which makes the fishing part seem totally backwards, because somebody knowing somebody is just looking for anything, while fraud would be determined by a statute of limitations.

But I get it that the general attitude is that voter fraud is ok as long as its for a good cause. I understand
post #12 of 24
Ann Coulter is one vote!

Unlike the hundreds of cases of voter registration fraud that is STILL being investigated, some of it even under possible RICO violations.
post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Ann Coulter is one vote!

Unlike the hundreds of cases of voter registration fraud that is STILL being investigated, some of it even under possible RICO violations.
Exactly Good point All those cases each and every one being investigated but people here seem to be willing to just let this one go because like shes some kind of icon or something, or maybe just because its a conservative thing.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleeko View Post
Exactly Good point All those cases each and every one being investigated but people here seem to be willing to just let this one go because like shes some kind of icon or something, or maybe just because its a conservative thing.
If you replaced Ann Coulter with Michael Moore in these same circumstances, I would feel the same. It's not because of who she is that makes this news or non-news to me. That's what you seem to be saying, or what I'm hearing from you anyway. Heck, if you looked at past threads the vast majority of people here, regardless of their political leanings, think Ann Coulter is a twit, myself included. It's not that we (collectively) feel she's some kind of "icon".

The difference is that she is, as Nita pointed out, ONE VOTE. You have yet to answer my question of if there is any accusation of her trying to vote more than once, which would actually make it a real fraud case, as in attempting to alter the outcome of the election. ACORN is accused of registering hundreds or thousands of fraudulent voters - people who didn't exist, registering people in multiple districts, etc. That actually could affect the outcome of an election. I really don't think that one person going to a different jurisdiction to vote her ONE vote is going to change anything. Especially when both New York and Connecticut are very much Democratically controlled states.

This is a technicality issue, you seem to be trying to make it nefarious and trying to make it into some vast conservative conspiracy - where Fox won't report it (neither are the other "more legitimate" news outlets either, but that's neither here nor there, apparently), all the "conservatives" are defending her (because it's a non-issue that wouldn't alter any election results, not because of who she likely voted for...who knows, maybe she voted a straight Democratic ticket so she'd have more to talk about!).
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleeko View Post
But I get it that the general attitude is that voter fraud is ok as long as its for a good cause. I understand
I had to add this part. I read through the entire thread again just to be sure I wasn't missing anything, and I wasn't. This statement is exactly the opposite of what every single person has said, and I truly have no clue where you picked it up, unless that's what you are expecting to hear. Seriously, everyone said that she should pay the piper if she committed fraud, whether knowingly or not. No one said it was OK. That kind of remark is pretty much flame-baiting as far as I can see, because it's certainly not warranted in this conversation.
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
Did she vote in both states?

If not, then what exactly is the issue here? That she may have made a mistake about where to register to vote, and voted where she was registered?...
Personally, I think it is a big deal. I would love to have my (absentee) votes count in my home state of Texas, where I lived for 38 years; instead I have to vote in California, my last place of residence, although I lived there only 2 years and 8 months.

There is no way to change it and unless I break the law I can only have my votes count in California. She should have to follow the laws, too.
post #17 of 24
But, that is still not answering the question. She didn't try to vote more than once, is the point here, at least I thought it was, I could be wrong.
post #18 of 24
Awww, someone must be reading HuffPo again... it was a story yesterday there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0...07.html?page=7

Looks like the dude's been trying for 10 years to "catch" her on something. I don't get how voting in CT in 2002 and 2004 while she lived in NY in 2003 means she did anything wrong???
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Awww, someone must be reading HuffPo again... it was a story yesterday there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0...07.html?page=7

Looks like the dude's been trying for 10 years to "catch" her on something. I don't get how voting in CT in 2002 and 2004 while she lived in NY in 2003 means she did anything wrong???
Voting in the wrong state or district wouldn't do anything more than disqualify the vote, would it? I so don't follow election law, and feel too lazy to look it up
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampWitch View Post
Personally, I think it is a big deal. I would love to have my (absentee) votes count in my home state of Texas, where I lived for 38 years; instead I have to vote in California, my last place of residence, although I lived there only 2 years and 8 months.

There is no way to change it and unless I break the law I can only have my votes count in California. She should have to follow the laws, too.
Like I said, if she did it wrong evening accidentally then she should pay the piper. It doesn't matter if she's Ann Coulter or Jane Doe, she does have to follow the law and ignorance of the law does not excuse breaking it.

I'm just saying that this isn't a huge, monstrous scandal. That's all.
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
Voting in the wrong state or district wouldn't do anything more than disqualify the vote, would it? I so don't follow election law, and feel too lazy to look it up
I don't think it's even a misdeameanor.

Certainly not something worth spending a whole lot of time on, and then stirring the pot years later on.
post #22 of 24
Thread Starter 
There wont be a lot of time spent on it It will all get swep under the rug again.
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleeko View Post
There wont be a lot of time spent on it It will all get swep under the rug again.
When did it get swept under the rug the first time? It was reported, it's being investigated, and if true she'll be charged, convicted, and have to pay whatever the penalty is. I seriously doubt it's jail time, but I really don't know.
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
When did it get swept under the rug the first time? It was reported, it's being investigated, and if true she'll be charged, convicted, and have to pay whatever the penalty is. I seriously doubt it's jail time, but I really don't know.
As in the same charges in Florida in 2006 when she voted there, that some friendly intervention by the fbi had it dropped (swept). She dont seem to know where she wants to roost.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Voter fraud still turning up