Levi is SNEEZING

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, I got my kitty fixed and home on Wed. it is now Sunday night... He is sneezing??? Like 5 times today. The clinic told me to watch for sneezing that he my get "cats kennel cough" WHAT???

If anyone remembers, they made Levi STAY there for 2 nights!! He could have been home recouperating, not THERE getting exposed to SNEEZING!!

I am so mad.. I wish I never took him in. He has come home angry, and sick!! This was a BAD idea, They also gave him a rabies shot and the FEV something....

What have I done to him???? I am scared...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
what color is his snot? clear/white means don't worry. yellow or green means possible infection.
if he does have something, i think the vet should treat it w/no charge, since they made him stay there & that's probably where he caught it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No snot, yet. Funny thing, I am a human Respiratory Therapist!! -
Isn't that funny?? I just noticed the sneexing today, and once since I have been online. I will go check snot LOL

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they give both shots the same day?
My cats never get 2 shots on the same day.
I am sure your cat got sick from staying there 2 days.
My Meeko had surgery 3 weeks ago and did not get sick at all.
I hopeyourcat feels better.

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, yuck, i am holding him and he sneezed clear snotish stuff on my arm. not thick,just clear waterish... He is also shaking his head alot????

poor baby first he loses his BOYS, now he has a COLD.. LIFE for him probably sucks right now

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yea, both shots in one day, they had the time to do 1 EACH day but forgot until I came to get him... Is that bad???

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hopeyourcat feels better.

Meeko and Levi have the same nose

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird... you are the third person I've see in the forum with a sick kitty (cold) in the last few days... maybe it's the season?? My Bugsy is sick too... He started sneezing a little one day, like yours, and on the next the poor thing got really sick... He is getting better now... The only advice I can give you is to make sure he keeps well fed and drinks lots of water... When Bugsy got really lethargic with the could I brought food for his hiding place - usually under the bed. I am pretty sure that helped him a lot... Good Luck - I hope he is all better soon!

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did Bugsy have to go to the vet? I reallly can't aford to take him back to the Dr. this month? With him shaking his head too I am worried about ear mites??? GRR

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luv Furbabies

Did Bugsy have to go to the vet? I reallly can't aford to take him back to the Dr. this month? With him shaking his head too I am worried about ear mites??? GRR
I think Bugsy got it at the vet, when we went to deworm them.
He did not need to go to the vet with the cold/uri... I did a lot of reading, and the consensus seems to be that if the cat is feeding, not losing weight, and has a clear discharge, the cold is more of a nuisance than a real danger... So, make sure to offer him food often - Bugsy got so sick that he was just too tired to go to the kitchen to eat... so I kept bringing food for him. I also added a little of Halo Dinner Party to his food, as a little taste incentive, since being stuffed up might have an effect on his palate. I just added this because I had it home, I didn't buy for this purpose, BTY - he definitely likes it, and I believe it helped in keeping him fed.
Since most of the URIs are caused by the Herpes Virus, adding Lysine to his diet might help as well - you can add it to the water, or to their wet food.
Good Luck!

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dusty started sneezing a week or so ago - several times an hour. I was fighting strep myself, and worried for awhile if I gave him some horrible germ. He stopped on his own after a couple days; I bet your kitty will, too.

Please know that he is SO MUCH better off being neutered - you most definitely did the right thing.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Poor Levi...I hope he gets better real soon. It doesn't sound really bad the way you describe it, hopefully he will be okay in no time!! Maybe you can call the vet just in case..

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I just got off the phone with the vet and they have a problem with URI's there! They want to see him tomorrow for a free visit, I will just have to buy the meds. I asked if they can get over this on their own and she said, yes, BUT it takes a while and they do get pretty sick, like Bugsy did, I guess. AND because he did just have surgery and shots, his imune system is low. So tomorrow I will take him to the SIDE door to get checked out!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luv Furbabies

Well, I just got off the phone with the vet and they have a problem with URI's there! They want to see him tomorrow for a free visit, I will just have to buy the meds. I asked if they can get over this on their own and she said, yes, BUT it takes a while and they do get pretty sick, like Bugsy did, I guess. AND because he did just have surgery and shots, his imune system is low. So tomorrow I will take him to the SIDE door to get checked out!!
Just a note: Bugsy got "really sick" for a day only... He never quit eating/drinking, or using the box... He was just very stuffed up, sneezing like crazy, and lethargic... He also never got a bacterial infection, which would be noticed with a green or brown snout. That is the part you want to avoid - the bacterial infection... I think that is what your vet is concerned with preventing, due to his compromised immune system...
Since they want to see your kitty, I would take him in... However - they should be responsible for the meds as well...
Bugsy is getting over it - Lucky hasn't sneezed for a couple days, so cross my fingers she didn't get it...
Good Luck!!!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow this makes me scared ...when we take our fur babies to the vets, is there really more of a chance of them getting sick? I was freaking out over Jake's very first visit for shots because since he had never had any shots, I was afraid he'd get something..and now I see I was rightfully afraid. It's good Levi will be seen, it will put your mind to rest. Let us know how it goes

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was unable to get Levi to the vet today!!!
I don't have a car so I have to depend on the help from friends and it just didn't work out today, what to do...

As for the bacterial concern, Levi HAS a brown snout color, how can I tell if it changes or are we talking about SNOT?? LOL

He has been sleeping alot more, poor baby, I can tell he doesn't feel well. SO, yes on being lethargic. He is eating, drinking and using the potty. So, that is ok for now

I am trying to find someone home during there very short office hours to see sick babies, from 2-4:30

I really chewed them out when I called the other day saying that I strongly feel that he ONLY got sick because they made him stay there from MON-WED at 5pm!!! THAT IS RETARDED!!! HE IS A BOY!!! NO PROBLEMS???

WHY? So I told the lady all my concerns and she has already expressed the very same concerns to the powers that be.

Levi, Levi, Levi my poor little boy

We will see what tomorrow brings, but, he isn't REALLY bad sick, it just is a frequent sneeze and clear runny nose, itchy nose and shaking of his little head like he is congested, and I can hear his audible congestion

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are talking about the color od snot.
I hope my brother in law dosent use your vet because he lives over there.
My Coco had a severe uri when she was 13 and it took the pigment off her nose.
It was all black beforethen now it has pink.
he had thik yellow and green coming out though an would sneeze non stop.
What color is hi snot right now?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

We are talking about the color of snot.

just think of people - clear/white mucus means allergies or something similar. yellow usually means a cold - green means an infection.

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope my brother in law dosent use your vet because he lives over there.
it's in Redding, CA.. Haven Humane. The local animal shelter..
it's clear.

We went to the dr. today. He has a U.R.I. and was given antibiotics orally and some for his nose..

I hope he starts feeling better..

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What they give him?
Thats why I do not use the pounds to fix my cats.
I still do not understand why they made him stay overnight.
I hope he feels better.