Uh oh! Uh oh! Uh oh!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wil got spayed last saturday! I've been checking her incision it looked like it was healing fine it's been a few days and now I checked again and it looks like it's opening! The stiches haven't dissolved yet, so it's closed except for the ends. It's doesn't look red or anything. I'm really worried now! I'll see if I can get a picture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, it's red and it does look bad. I checked Mya's, it looked fine.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, it does look red. I would call and ask the vet about it. I have been lucky with my cats, but one of the dogs had an incision that got red and opened up. She was sensitive to the internal sutures that were used.

I hope it gets better.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Damn it! The little stinker. I got it done at the humane society. I don't think they do any follow up. At least she's one that's easy to catch...and will do anything for a treat. I just hope it doesn't cost a lot. I would have waited on Mel's spay if I'd known I'd have to take Wil to the vet. This is just great.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, the vet wasn't open yesterday. I checked it this morning and it's not swollen or red around it any more. If it looks better tonight I'm gonna wait. I'm completely broke, I have no way to pay the vet. If it gets I'll just borrow money from my fiance. She had me worried though. I hope Mel comes to eat tonight so I can check her incision.

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm no vet, but it didn't look tremendously bad to me. And I've
seen alot of incisions in my time with cats getting fixed!!

If you are way concerned - you may put some Bactrin or Neosporin on the skin to help.

The antibiotics they use for flesh wounds/infections is usually
Clavamox which is amoxicillin with clavumox (sp!!) added.

roughly 62 mg for the cat is the dosage for Clavamox.

You can find / use the FISH antibiotics no prescription required, sold at Petsmart for fish. (Little known but true, fish use antibiotics just like we do...
only for fish they don't require a prescription...)

Fishmox is the name -- fish amoxicillin. You have to cut and adjust
the dosage however, as the fish pill/capsule contains way more than the prescribed dosage for cats.

However, you probably will NOT need to go there. Seems that it might be healing on its own nicely...

cat-tastrophe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is this the poor girl that got spayed at 5+ weeks into her pregancy? I feel so bad for her.....

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat-tastrophe

Is this the poor girl that got spayed at 5+ weeks into her pregancy? I feel so bad for her.....
No, she wasn't pregnant.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by opilot

I'm no vet, but it didn't look tremendously bad to me. And I've
seen alot of incisions in my time with cats getting fixed!!

If you are way concerned - you may put some Bactrin or Neosporin on the skin to help.

The antibiotics they use for flesh wounds/infections is usually
Clavamox which is amoxicillin with clavumox (sp!!) added.

roughly 62 mg for the cat is the dosage for Clavamox.

You can find / use the FISH antibiotics no prescription required, sold at Petsmart for fish. (Little known but true, fish use antibiotics just like we do...
only for fish they don't require a prescription...)

Fishmox is the name -- fish amoxicillin. You have to cut and adjust
the dosage however, as the fish pill/capsule contains way more than the prescribed dosage for cats.

However, you probably will NOT need to go there. Seems that it might be healing on its own nicely...
Thank you for the advice!! It's healing very well now. Another day or two she should be okay. It's not red or swollen now at all, thank goodness, she sure gave me a scare!