Kitty is throwing up/regurgitating, and now pottied in floor

katina128

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my kitty. He's normally a healthy boy, with just some skin issues. He's a tad overweight, but not too bad. He's indoor only and is vax'd. He's been tossing his cookies the past 2 days, looking like his food is mostly undigested. Then, a few minutes ago, he puked again and it was not solid pieces, but chewed up bits and watery. The odd thing is, after he puked, he pooped in the floor a couple of feet away, which he has never done before. Do you think he's actually sick? I am going to keep a close eye on him. He's acting fine otherwise, very lovey and kissy today. He's cuddling and licking me as usual. Thanks in advance!

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty!I would get him to a vet asap....better safe than sorry.and kittied dehydrate pretty quickly!I hope your kitty feels better real soon.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He could very well have a serious problem such as an intestinal obstruction, any number of infections... It's not possible to tell, even for a vet, without checking him out. Poor baby does sound sick, though.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

He could very well have a serious problem such as an intestinal obstruction, any number of infections... It's not possible to tell, even for a vet, without checking him out. Poor baby does sound sick, though.
i'd be seeing a vet if any of mine were doing this.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

I'd definitely be at the vet with that list of symptoms.

Things can turn serious very quickly, and cats are masters at hiding their illness. Even if he is acting fine it doesn't mean he is. It could just be hairballs, but it could also be something a lot more serious.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i would take him to the vet asap as well, if he's been doing that for so long he might have a severe constipation or worse.