Water dish problems

allibarlik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I am new here and I have a crazy question. My kitty Obi plays in his water dish whenever we put new water down. I have one of those containers that releases water from a container as they drink. I have tried several different bowls/types of dishes. He still plays. Water gets everywhere and it's a pain more than anything. He also loves to drink water from the bathtub when I am finished with my shower!
That does not bother me, but the water dish does. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Oh, if this has been posted elsewhere, forgive me. I just found this site and I have been curious for some time as to what I can do to make Obi stop this silliness!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Others may have some real suggestions, but I have to say that we have two cats who have funny habits. Punkin likes to paw at the water before he drinks. I've always thought he was doing it just to reassure himself of where the surface was. And Ella likes to play with the automatic waterer; she like to hear it gurgle at her!

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats all like tom play with thier water as well.I put a large plastic mat and then a towel on top iof it under thier bowl to absorb any water.Good luck

hesster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two water dishes for my cats. One is in the bathroom where I don't care if water splashes around, and the other one is in the kitchen on top of an old piece of carpet.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

My cats all like tom play with thier water as well.I put a large plastic mat and then a towel on top iof it under thier bowl to absorb any water.Good luck
We do something similar. Zero is a messy cat... he gets food in the water dispenser all the time, too.

Of course, he also likes to drink from the toilet if we forget to leave the lid down...