What's your favorite midnight snack?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up in the middle of the night starving last night. My favorite snack is chedder cheese (real cheese, not "cheese food) with peanut butter on it. I also like to eat dry cereral by the handful. Normally it's Honey Nut cheerios, but sometimes Nut 'n Honey if I really splurge.

I did make the mistake last week of eating cold hot wings at 3:00am. Take my word for it, that's NOT something you want to do after age 35!

So, what's your favorite middle of the night snack?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cheese and crackers

I'm a chip fan, but don't know how to eat them in moderation so we seldom have them in the house.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything I can get my hands on?? LOL Actually if it is just a relaxed snack I prefer cereal. If I am getting up in the middle of the night b/c I'm hungry it usually isn't a relaxed snack, though. I go through spurts where I suddenly, out of nowhere, feel like I am completely starving and if I don't eat NOW I'm going to die. At that point I grab anything I can and I stuff my face. Crackers seem to work the best b/c they are small and quick to eat. When I do that, I can eat almost a full box of crackers in about 10 minutes. It's weird.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never get hungry at night. I always get up around 1:30 and get a glass of milk. I have done this since I was little. It drove my Mother nuts.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
microwave butter popcorn, me and bf usually share a bag every night,
and if not that we cut up some pepperoni and cheese

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... probably whatever snacks I buy like chocolate.

sometimes chips and dip. it depends on my mood or pretzels!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, I'd eat chocolate but it's soo addictive!! Now I eat some kind of crackers, usually cheez its or cheese nips or goldfish (Which my cat likes to steal sometimes, must be their shape of fish lol) ...I love crackers, I used to eat chips but no longer do, I think chips upset my stomach more...Eating at night is not very good for digestion so I take that into account lol
By the way: Cheddar cheese and peanut butter sounds so unusual to me...Is it just me? I can't possibly see those two foods going along together...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

By the way: Cheddar cheese and peanut butter sounds so unusual to me...Is it just me? I can't possibly see those two foods going along together...
It's actually one of those aquired tastes. It really is good....you should try it. Honestly, it won't make you sick.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

It's actually one of those aquired tastes. It really is good....you should try it. Honestly, it won't make you sick.
Hmm, I will try it...I hope I don't get myself into trouble if I like it- I am not sure if I can afford to invest in so many calories for a snack

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I've ever had late night snacks. I have dinner, and occasionaly dessert, then that's it until the morning. No way would I get out of my cozy bed to eat, even if I was hungry!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I like sharp cheddar with a nice dry english mustard - YUM!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never really get up out of bed for a snack...but if I ever do it would have to be biscuits or chocolate

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never go to sleep until after midnight!!lol and my favorute bedtime snack is air popped popcorn.....yum