I love him to death, but....

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When it is that ummm, time of the month, for me, lol, he drives me mad! It's just so different for me, all of my past cats have been a huge comfort to me during that time, wanting to cuddle and comfort their mama. Not Ricky Bobby, he gets on my last nerves, lol, and I feel so bad for it! I love him, I really do, he's the funniest, silliest, dearest cat I've ever had, with so much personality. But just maybe he can tone it down a bit when mommy's not feeling well?

And what's crazy is I feel so guilty about it!

DH gets a kick out of it though, every other time I love to see Ricky Bobby bounce around, but at that time I get so annoyed and tell him to behave. Yup, DH thinks its hilarious.

Anyone else like me? Or am I just crazy?

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Perhaps your husband and cat can retreat to their mancave until you are back to normal.

If you are this way at That Time of the Month, what will happen when you go through The Change?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

If you are this way at That Time of the Month, what will happen when you go through The Change?
I know! Well I have a hormonal imbalance that I'm trying to get straightened out, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. But when I get like that I'm like OMG, how am I gonna be when I'm pregnant, or going through the change. Boy, do I feel bad for DH and Ricky Bobby when it comes time for either of those 2!
lol (I'll just call that "pay back time") DH is used to it, but poor Ricky Bobby isn't it.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As I said, set up a mancave for husband and cat, so they will have a sanctuary.

Do you remember Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.'s definition of a woman? (Not the Supreme Court Justice; his father, professor of medicine at Harvard):

"A constipated biped with a backache."

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry....but this made me lol! I have 6 kids to get on my nerves, so THANK Gosh the cats don't do it too
oh yeah and a husband!!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I understand. I love my boys to death but sometimes they get SO demanding it gets on my nerves, especially when Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m already on a short fuse! (I also feel your pain on the hormonal issues, good luck with those!)

Just try to be patient with RB. When my boys go too crazy bugging me and I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take it anymore, I lock myself up in my bedroom (with them on the outside). They donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like that very much but at least I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t go insane!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I guess I can understand you feel horrid at that time of the month, but yeah its not very fair to your boy (and man). Perhaps your DH could have extended playtime with him during this time to wear him down a lot so he'll tone down when he's hanging out with you? This is probably earlier said than done though, young cats have a ton of energy

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope you're not alone on this. One of my cats has issues and around that time the "issues" are even greater
...yep, you're normal

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's been happening every month since you were 12 or so. You aren't used to it yet?
Oh dear. Oh my. A single man making that type of comment. Oh dear. You are either amazingly brave or ... well ... ya know

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Oh dear. Oh my. A single man making that type of comment. Oh dear. You are either amazingly brave or ... well ... ya know
Why do you think I'm single?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

layitdown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

It's been happening every month since you were 12 or so. You aren't used to it yet?
Well it has been happening every month since I was 12, but u just gotta know my situation, it's a bit extreme being I have a hormonal imbalance. I'll spare you guys the details, just know it's extreme and not the norm.

That being said, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who gets annoyed by their cat. I feel guilty about it, and I know I can be pretty crazy around that time.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.....that's one of the joys of having had a hysterectomy......I can ALWAYS blame it on PMS, lol! But seriously, they do drive me crazier sometimes more than others, as does my hub, but then, I know that sometimes I drive them crazy sometimes too (especially if I'm home during the day, 'cuz I go through and wake them up from their catnaps......)

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, for me, luckily i dont get cramps or anything during that time of the month. BUT i have a problem controlling my emotions(all the time). And, yes, my babies get on my nerves sometimes. Yes, i feel bad that they sometimes get on my nerves. The boyfriend too, he really has to deal with my emotional problems, and i feel bad really about it. But i cant help it, neither can you.

Oh, and as said above, i get on bf's nerves. I drive the cats crazy. I go around all day giving them lovinz even if they are sleeping. Mittens doesnt mind much. Monster, however, gets up and walks away.

mzkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can relate so much! I think most get a bit irritated this time of the month. Some very little some a LOT! I get it A LOT!! I think too, everything is irritating, from maybe our kids, to our b/f to our best friend to.. the neighbour.

Dont be so hard on yourself! The neighbour would not understand neither would kitty hehehe

As I know how you feel, we can support each other in some way

mmmwah