Question of the Day Feb 7th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

My question for today is this:

How organized are you?

That question has changed for me over the last few months. Before I left work back in October I was super organized. Running two separate office locations made it impossible to be anything else if you wanted to keep on top of things. However since then I have noticed that I have relaxed quite a lot on this issue which seems to working for me.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm mentally organized, but not spatially organized.

There IS a difference. If I lay something down, I can come back to it a year later and know exactly where it is. But if anyone moves it, or even puts it in a place they THINK it should be, I might never find it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always seem to be organizing something!

I did some re-arranging in my kitchen which realy freed up some space. I now have all our office supplies in one spot. I really need to tackle the linen closet in the bathroom and go through some of that stuff.

I bought a great book called Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern.
I haven't finished reading it but it gave be good ideas so far.
Like to the 80/20 rule where you only use 20% of your stuff at one time. Don't get in a frenzy to toss out all the stuff you don't use much as you may find that you have tossed something you need.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm working I'm super organized, almost OCD about it. Everything has to be in its place and I get upset if it is moved or changed.

At home, I'm a HUGE slob.

I don't know why there is such a huge difference. I wish I could be as organized and as much of a clean freak at home as I can be at work, but I can't.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

There IS a difference. If I lay something down, I can come back to it a year later and know exactly where it is. But if anyone moves it, or even puts it in a place they THINK it should be, I might never find it.
That's how I am at home. Such as, if I take off my shoes in a certain place I'll remember and be able to come back to them and put them on, but if DH sees them (like if I take them off next to our bed or under my computer desk) he'll move them to the laundry room and I won't be able to find them.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

This is me.