Fling ama String Toy

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought one of those "Fling ama String" cat toys! OMG! Chynna loves it. I had to turn it on and put her in front of it so she saw it and she chased the string for about 5 minutes, and man, did she meow!!

Abby is sitting beside it looking at it now. She's not too sure about it. Actually she just moved away and Chynna is currently attacking it. I wish I had a video camera. It's so darn cute!

http://www.moodypet.com/NewPages/fling.html

For those in Canada, it's available at Pet Value for $24.99 plus taxes. A bit pricey but it's entertaining Chynna and that's money well spent.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, I NEED ONE! My cat will only play with string-like things, so she would absolutely go nuts over this. Thanks for posting! Be sure to get some pics and video!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats would love one I think, glad Chynna is having fun

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

A bit pricey but it's entertaining Chynna and that's money well spent.
Here they are $68.95 plus shipping, that is pricey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad you were able to find it

and now I know the price, so I think Kizzy will be getting it next week. They had 6 in that day I sent you the msg.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought one at PetSmart yesterday. They had them on sale for $19.99. So far Anna has watched it more than played with it. She gets close enough that the string falls on her head but usually justs watches. Darn! I really thought she'd love this.

Elijah won't even be in the same room if it's running. Double darn!

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seen this in the tore the other day,it was $29.99!but it would have been well worth it if they would enjoy it
I am going to have to get them one next time I go out!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one but have to supervise them when they play with it. Koko nearly ripped the band that held the string when she figured out she could stop the toy by grabbing the rotating band. That's my OCD girl!

I think I paid about $20 for it last year.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I have one but have to supervise them when they play with it. Koko nearly ripped the band that held the string when she figured out she could stop the toy by grabbing the rotating band. That's my OCD girl!
My SS two years ago got us one, and Mojo is the same way as Koko! But we knew that, didn't we?
Did Koko also figure out where the string went and try to pull the elastic away from the rest of it to get the string? She goes spastic on that thing, so you have to keep an eye on her or she will get very possessive and not let anyone else even get close to it. As well as trying to break it so she can have the string.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Yeah I found out about them through Susan's post too.

Off to see if they're available in NZ
Did you find any?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kellye, I clicked all through google and most of the links are just ads. I think if we want one we would have to buy it through moodypet.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Kellye, I clicked all through google and most of the links are just ads. I think if we want one we would have to buy it through moodypet.
Or get an overseas friend to send you one.

I think my boys would have fun with that! Someone was telling me about the Panic Mouse yesterday, and I'd like to check that out too.

ETA: did anyone see the Humunga tongue toy on that website?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to get a second one! Chynna is being a complete toy hog! Poor Abby can't even get a chance at it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Or get an overseas friend to send you one.

I think my boys would have fun with that! Someone was telling me about the Panic Mouse yesterday, and I'd like to check that out too.

ETA: did anyone see the Humunga tongue toy on that website?
i got a panic mouse [at some discount place] but mine weren't interested... especially after Firefox tore the little toy off of it
otoh, that little puff is one of her favorite toys.
gonna hafta go to Petsmart, now

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
got one today. Cable hasn't left it, yet. Firefox likes it, too - Chip's just watching [he won't buck Cable] but it's keeping their interest!

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I think Siddha would DEFINITELY love that thing!! Not sure about Bodhi but perhaps! I'm going to Petsmart tonight to see if I can find one.

THANKS for telling about it!