Vibes for Maisie

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maisie could use some magic TCS vibes

I`ve been worried about her for a few days and took her to the vets today. She is hardly eating and vomited a few times last week. Then she vomited last night and when I came in from work there was vomit. Hardly anything because she wont eat more than a few mouthfulls.

So, they took blood and they are going to ring tomorrow if it shows anything serious. She is dehydrated and temp is a little low. She said it isn`t her teeth although they could do with a clean, they are not bad enough to cause her to vomit and not eat.

They want her back in on monday for check up and see if she needs a drip.

I bought her some salmon fillet today because she ate a bit before but she is not interested. I tried kitten food yesterday

I`m hoping she will bounce back like she usually does

Oh, the vet said she has cataracts too but will do a proper eye exam monday.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Linny!
Sending lots of for Maisie.
that there's nothing serious going on and you can get her sorted and back to normal soon.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did the vet give you something for the nausea/vomiting? Seems odd that they let you leave without anything to help her. You can always try pepcid to see if that helps, but I would call the vet just to be safe. The usual dose is 2.5 mg twice a day, at least 30 minutes before a meal.

Vibes for Maisie!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Riley got sick and was vomiting and quit eating for no reason, he was given pepcid each day as well as Flagyl and was syringe fed until he got his appetite back. They also gave him sub-q fluids. You might ask your vet if syringe feeding is needed, as well as Pepcid or similar to settle her tummy.

Lots of vibes for Maisie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys

They gave her a shot of Convenia ( antibiotic that lasts 2 weeks ) and a shot of Dexadreson ( Steroid? ).

Also she has some antacid, Zitac.

They said I can ring over the weekend if I`m worried. I`m going to try warming her food a bit in the microwave

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she feels better.
What does she have?
Coco had a antibiotic shot and it did not last the 2 weeks.
After 3 days her problem was back.
It was some other antibiotic though.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

I`m going to try warming her food a bit in the microwave
Many years ago one of my cats stopped eating and the vet suggested getting the smelliest fish cat food I could find, add water and warm it in the microwave. The soupy consistency made it easier for him to eat and he got the extra fluids at the same time.
Good luck and tons of vibes headed across the ocean!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please also get some plain chicken or turkey baby food and offer that to her, maybe on your finger. Its one of the only things Riley showed an interest in when he was sick.

I would definitely ask the vet about syringe feeding her some a/d can food if she's not eating at all, the sooner the better.