My how they grow! -Aya-chan at 14weeks

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I'm a cat person whose never had a kitten before...

Just for reference, this is how tiny she was when I found her, 300grams at first Vet visit.

Squinty, puss-y eyes, full of fleas, and one bad URI...

And cleaned up about a week later... I forever have to watch where I step!

A month later she's this big...

The postal box was an even better gift than the fur mouse toys my mom sent from America.

Now... 1.4 kilos of crazy kitten...

I know there's something good under that rug...

For some reason she always looks like I'm taking her mug shot in photos. I can rarely get her to hold still long enough to look at the camera.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's adorable, what a little beauty. I know what you mean, they grow so fast you forget how tiny they were.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

Okay, so I'm a cat person whose never had a kitten before...

Just for reference, this is how tiny she was when I found her, 300grams at first Vet visit.

Squinty, puss-y eyes, full of fleas, and one bad URI...

And cleaned up about a week later... I forever have to watch where I step!

A month later she's this big...

The postal box was an even better gift than the fur mouse toys my mom sent from America.

Now... 1.4 kilos of crazy kitten...

I know there's something good under that rug...

For some reason she always looks like I'm taking her mug shot in photos. I can rarely get her to hold still long enough to look at the camera.
Omg!! she is precious!and my foster kitty is her twin

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's just precious!

You are an angel to have taken her in and given her a home!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an amazing turn around!!! She is beautiful! and tough looking

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is beautiful!! What a great transformation from a sickly little thing to a healthy and thriving kitten!

My Ginger Cookie is the same way with pictures. She always looks mad.
But she's really a happy and bright eyed little girl. In my case it's the flash that makes her squint like that. If I can get her in bright enough natural light the pics come out OK, and I also found that if I put light paper (tissue paper, a receipt) in front of the flash that it diffuses the light enough that I get the effect of the flash but not enough to blind her. Ginger's a dilute calico...maybe it's a calico thing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

My Ginger Cookie is the same way with pictures. She always looks mad. But she's really a happy and bright eyed little girl. In my case it's the flash that makes her squint like that. If I can get her in bright enough natural light the pics come out OK, and I also found that if I put light paper (tissue paper, a receipt) in front of the flash that it diffuses the light enough that I get the effect of the flash but not enough to blind her. Ginger's a dilute calico...maybe it's a calico thing?
I think it's the torti-tude! They're all tough little girls. And she does have attitude, she wants to play all the time, and if you don't like it well, she'll attack your ankles!

They're all great ideas, unfortunately my apartment is a dark little hole... Hard to take any pics at all without a flash.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments.
Aya and Lyra wave from Japan!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a little cutie! Believe me, I know how such an adorable, little fur baby can become a kitty full of attitude!
Maia was a six week old runt of the litter when I struck gold and found her......

Now shes a extra full grown sized kitty with cattitude!

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, the poor baby when you took her in looked so sick and unhappy. What a transformation! She looks so healthy and playful now. Congrats!