tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So who is your favorite.....

William Peterson
David Carouso
Gary Sinese'

Mine is Gary Sinese, CSI New York is by far my favorite of all the shows. Plus Eddie Cahill (Det Flack) has the bluest eyes

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

William Peterson
David Carouso
Gary Sinese'

Mine is Gary Sinese, CSI New York is by far my favorite of all the shows. Plus Eddie Cahill (Det Flack) has the bluest eyes
Definately William Peterson.

I'm the opposite of you, not a fan of CSI NY or Gary Sinese.... I like the other 2 with CSI being my fav.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Definately William Peterson.

I'm the opposite of you, not a fan of CSI NY or Gary Sinese.... I like the other 2 with CSI being my fav.
definitely William Petersen. i also only like the original CSI - i don't care for either of the spin-offs.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a huge CSI fan! I remember the first day it aired and loved it from day one! William Petersen was definitely my favorite, with his bug fetish and corky opening lines (being handsome was a given
)!
I also miss Gary Dourdan (Warrick), though his character had a lot of personal conflict that was essential to the show.......

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'd have to say William Petersen since I don't watch the other two.

Of all the original CSI episodes that I've seen, the only one I really didn't like was the one that took them to Miami. Then I found out that it was a lead-in to a spin-off and made sure that I never watched the spin-off.

I've only watched one episode of CSI NY and that was just to see what it was like because Gary Sinese is married to one of my sister's good friends from high school. Too bad it wasn't the best episode for an introduction to the series. It was all about relationships between the characters with almost no crime investigation. It definitely didn't make me want to go back for a second look. I have seen Gary Sinese in other things and like him as an actor.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
William Peterson. By far. I used to like David Caruso, but his over dramatic way of doing things got to be a little too much for me to stand. I don't even watch CSI Miami anymore. I have never watched CSI NY.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

William Peterson
David Carouso
Gary Sinese'

I like each one for different reasons.

It took me a long time to warm up to CSI:NY because for the first couple seasons they didn't develop the characters at all. They were more like work drones without personality or history and I just didn't care about them. However, they seem to be trying to develop the characters more and give them a life outside of work, and a history.

I really like "Gil Grissom" out of all of the CSI bosses. However now that he's gone
CSI just isn't the same for me. Catherine in the roll of big boss just doesn't cut it for me. I hope he reconsiders and returns.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I like each one for different reasons.

It took me a long time to warm up to CSI:NY because for the first couple seasons they didn't develop the characters at all. They were more like work drones without personality or history and I just didn't care about them. However, they seem to be trying to develop the characters more and give them a life outside of work, and a history.

I really like "Gil Grissom" out of all of the CSI bosses. However now that he's gone
CSI just isn't the same for me. Catherine in the roll of big boss just doesn't cut it for me. I hope he reconsiders and returns.
I totally agree with ya! CSI NY was very disappointing the first couple of seasons. Sinise is a very talented actor, but once again excepted a script with poor character development. Plus the over exaggerated accents, oh please! I live in NYC, for 17 years now, and rarely run into one person a month with such a strong accent!
CSI Miami atleast had vivid cinematography and personal story lines. I liked Miami the first few seasons, but Caruso started over acting his character. His "corky" opening lines were so obviously over performed, as if it was the last words he would ever say, every time! It is very humorous now!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
William Peterson, definitely. Laurence Fishburn has some major shoes to fill.

I do watch NY & Miami, and definitely like Miami better.

DH & I have made the same observation about the 3 shows and wondered if it was just us. It seems as if the original is the 'intellectual' CSI, Miami is the t & a CSI, and NY is the 'how gross can we make it?' CSI.

Anyone else think that way?

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My fave is William Petersen, hands down. In fact, I won't watch anything other than CSI Vegas.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a HUGE fan of CSI - have all the DVDs

I absolutely love William Petersen - the season has just started here in NZ, so I am very very happy!

I do like CSI:NY - I love Gary Sinise, have been a fan of him since I saw him in Of Mice and Men.
I think he is hot.

As for CSI:Miami. It sucks! I have stopped watching it - the acting is terrible and David Caruso SUCKS!!! They need to kill him off! And I don't like the orangey tones that the show is filmed in. It is off-putting.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

As for CSI:Miami. It sucks! I have stopped watching it - the acting is terrible and David Caruso SUCKS!!! They need to kill him off! And I don't like the orangey tones that the show is filmed in. It is off-putting.
I agree! I don't like the light coloring either; I thought I was the only one. The only fun I can get out of this show is to mute it and put words in the actors' mouths with my friends (a drinking game, obviously
).

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
William Peterson......

I absolutely adore him

I do enjoy CSI: Miami but have never got into NY.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

And I don't like the orangey tones that the show is filmed in. It is off-putting.
Yes, that is totally annoying!

CSI Vegas uses a blue camera filter to film.

CSI NY uses a black one to give it a dark and dirty look.

CSI Miami uses a yellow filter in order to accentuate the "sunny Florida" setting, which gives everything a yellow undertone. The blues are more green, the reds more orange. It's awful! They really need to tone that down.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you really think about it, there is no way a criminal investigation lab would look the way they present them...............It's always so dark, with colored spotlights, and they repeatedly contaminate evidence! But I still enjoy the show

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

William Peterson. By far. I used to like David Caruso, but his over dramatic way of doing things got to be a little too much for me to stand. I don't even watch CSI Miami anymore. I have never watched CSI NY.
I think Peterson fits better in the CSI role but I do like Caruso, just don't think he is the perfect fit for the role.