1 year ago today...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I married my best friend and love of my life

At 2:30pm on February 5, 2008, I said "I do" to the wonderful man I call my husband. It was 80º and sunny with a breeze in downtown Charleston. (Glad we got married last year and not this year! The high is in the 30's today!!)

Sometimes I cant believe it's already been a year, other times I'm like "wow, it's ONLY been a year?!"
Today is also our 4 year anniversary of being together.

This morning he showed up at my work with a red rose and a sweet card for me. Inside he wrote "One red rose for one wonderful year of marriage"
He also gave me the anniversary eternity band we bought in the Caribbean last year on our honeymoon. When he gave it to me, he got on one knee and asked me to marry him again

Tonight I have pole class so we cant go out for dinner (I dont get out of there until 8:30-8:45pm), but I was figuring that cooking him his favorite meal (bacon-wrapped honey mustard chicken tenders) would be even nicer to do.

And I'm so glad we are in our new home for our anniversary! It's almost like we're on a whole new honeymoon.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, congrats to you both!!
. I'm SO glad you were able to be in your new house for this day. I'm sure he really won't want to go out anytime tonight after you both are home!
Go out to dinner over the weekend.

Enjoy, and spare us the details tomorrow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

I swear, ever since we've been in the new house, the man cant keep his hands off me! It's almost like when we were first dating, and I lived 200 miles away so we only saw each other every 1-3 weeks on weekends.

It's been so relaxing being in our own house, and we are both just insanely happy we could be in there by our anniversary.
I've already felt a lot of stress melt away in these last 5-6 days. I even think it made today even more wonderful!

We probably will just move our anniversary dinner out to this weekend - we have a date night every Saturday anyway, so we can just incorporate it.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Thanks!

I swear, ever since we've been in the new house, the man cant keep his hands off me! It's almost like when we were first dating, and I lived 200 miles away so we only saw each other every 1-3 weeks on weekends.
Well, you DO know you have to "christen" every room in the house, right?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Anniversary! Many more to come!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!

Originally Posted by calico2222

Well, you DO know you have to "christen" every room in the house, right?
Oh trust me, I've been waiting to do that (and mentioning it!) since we started this process
Unfortunately we don't have blinds yet (they were supposed to come with the house but apparently never got ordered...so we have to buy them now) so you can see right in the house! And I dont think I want to give anyone a show LOL.

Although our huge walk in closet, bedroom, and master bathroom are already checked off the list

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratz!! you guys are so happy together, that is awesome!!!!

Me and BF are the same way, we are almost at our 4 yr anniversary together and we still act like a couple that just fell in love doing all these cute sweet things for each other constantly...its like that "in love" feeling you get never went away...hes just a little slow on the whole marriage thing...