Who has Papyrus?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, guys, I need to do this survey for something I'm doing at work. I'm building a website for one of our departments and they really like the font "Papyrus". I can make all the papyrus font as images...or let the computer render the font for me (which make it load a lot quicker!) So...let me know! and Thanks!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think papyrus is a pretty standard font on most PCs. Or at least its always been on all of mine.
Good luck with your poll and your work!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Papyrus font isn't recommend for print design

http://www.modernlifeisrubbish.co.uk...n-print-design

That being said, the Papyrus font is not a free font; it's a commercial one. Your work would have to buy it.

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.asp?pid=203883

EDIT: I just searched my hard drive and I do seem to have that particular font in my Windows Folder, so it must come with XP at least because I know I didn't buy that font.
Well, it's web design, not print design. That said, I'm not really a designer. And my work never buys me anything, so I was hoping that it was kinda standard.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't, but that's not surprising since I'm on debian. By default many distros of it don't have anything that isn't open source.

Might be interesting to see if the mac users have it.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yep, I have it in Appleworks on my Mac. It's also in Photoshop.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Yep, I have it in Appleworks on my Mac. It's also in Photoshop.
Photoshop uses whatever fonts you have downloaded on your computer.
Any new font you download will automatically be put into Photoshop the next time you open it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I have xp and I don't seem to have that font on my computer.
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I've got it and my computer is new (windows vista)
i have it on my mac [came either w/the mac or with MSword for mac] & it's also on the pcs at school which i think are XP.
my username is in the Papyrus font.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I chose "what is it" because I do not have it as a font file in my windows directory.

But I did find a papyrus folder in "Microsoft shared themes" what ever that is. Apparently there are three different files that make up the "theme". And this is used by different programs. Again I have no idea what this is for.

If it was a font file that you were looking for I would volunteer to send you a copy of mine if I had one.

I can remember back in the stone age dumping font files to make space on my very small hard drive. (I do not miss those days) Then later looking for copies because I was to dumb to save a back up just in case.