Spotlight member of the week 2/5/09-2/12/09 carolinalima!!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since our member of the week has disappeared, I'm going to nominate a new one.....carolinalima! Hope you enjoy your week.....and all the questions that follow.

From me, just a few to get you started

Whats your favorite cereal?
Have you ever slept on flannel sheets? If yes, did you like them?
Do you like your job?
How many kitties do you have?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi !....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living …
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php

Enought for NOW,
....see you around my friend...

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHA!! Another victi-- I mean, spotlight member!

My questions are about your kitties!

1. All together, how many kitties have you had?

2. Which one of your kitties (past or present) is your favourite? Maybe they did something special or extra cute?

3. Why did you name your current kitties what you did?

4. Have you got any other pets besides your kitties? If so what animal are they, what are their names and how do they interact with your kitties? Maybe they curl up together?

5. If you could swap places with one of your cats, which one would it be, why would you swap with them in particular and what would you do?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Since our member of the week has disappeared, I'm going to nominate a new one.....carolinalima! Hope you enjoy your week.....and all the questions that follow.

From me, just a few to get you started

Whats your favorite cereal?
Have you ever slept on flannel sheets? If yes, did you like them?
Do you like your job?
How many kitties do you have?
Thank you Kittencrazy - this is going to be super fun!!!

Whats your favorite cereal? Honey Oats!
Have you ever slept on flannel sheets? If yes, did you like them? Ohhhh yes!!! I looooved it!
Do you like your job? I absolutely love my job - I am the National Sales Manager for a Hair products Company - there is never a boring day!!!
How many kitties do you have?2

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Hi !....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living …
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?I never been to Mexico, but my brother is moving to Mexico City for a couple of years, and I will visit him as much as I can!!
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations? Never been, but I will for pleasure this year!
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php My mom spend a couple of months in Mexico last year, and she LOVED Yucatan! I will make sure I Visit!
4.- Can you speak spanish? Si, hablo espanol!
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
No
6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?) Oh yeah! My favorites were Like water for Chocolate, and Pan's Labirinth
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)I love Mexican food - especially Fajitas, and fish tacos
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?Don't like it by itself, but love Margaritas!
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?A LOT! I am from Brasil, and every home will have hammocks - love sleeping in it on a hot day, or just laying down for a nap
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
Of course! I lived in California for 12 years!

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php Don't know, but will get there!

Enought for NOW,
....see you around my friend...
Thanks for the questions!!!!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

AHA!! Another victi-- I mean, spotlight member!

My questions are about your kitties!

1. All together, how many kitties have you had?

2. Which one of your kitties (past or present) is your favourite? Maybe they did something special or extra cute?

3. Why did you name your current kitties what you did?

4. Have you got any other pets besides your kitties? If so what animal are they, what are their names and how do they interact with your kitties? Maybe they curl up together?

5. If you could swap places with one of your cats, which one would it be, why would you swap with them in particular and what would you do?
1. All together, how many kitties have you had?2

2. Which one of your kitties (past or present) is your favourite? Maybe they did something special or extra cute?Lucky is my baby... I love her to pieces - maybe because I have had her for longer, but she is my heart kitty

3. Why did you name your current kitties what you did? Lucky because she was rescued from the shelter days before she was going to be PTS. I adopted her when nobody wanted... She was a shy kitty...

4. Have you got any other pets besides your kitties? If so what animal are they, what are their names and how do they interact with your kitties? Maybe they curl up together?Only my two babies

5. If you could swap places with one of your cats, which one would it be, why would you swap with them in particular and what would you do? Lucky - because she is spoiled to death, and have a great personality! I would just eat, sleep and get spoiled!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah haaaa
This gonna be fun girl
Prepare to be bombarded with ?'s

1. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.)

2. Do you believe in ghosts?

3. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?

4. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better)

5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

6. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet?

to be continued......

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Ah haaaa
This gonna be fun girl
Prepare to be bombarded with ?'s

1. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.)

2. Do you believe in ghosts?

3. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?

4. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better)

5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

6. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet?

to be continued......
1. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.) My dream vacation would be a few months driving around Europe... With no destination in sight - just driving, seeing, eating, enjoying... With enough money to do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted!

2. Do you believe in ghosts? Oh yeah! Have seen it many times... I am a "medium", not by choice, but...

3. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?Yep - I would retire in Brasil; that money would go a long way there!

4. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better) I would say 1/2 and 1/2... I have great man friends, girl friends and a few gay friends - I get along well with all kinds. I think being a good person is independent of gender.

5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? My laptop and cell phone

6. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet? Bill Clinton - and yes, he would be the person I would chose to be stuck in a desert island with

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick response time eh. Gonna have to pull out the book of questions and ask you toughies... but for now

1. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing.

2. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.

3. Have you ever held a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable?

4. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits)

5. How many tvs do you have?

6. What is your all time favorite bought chocolate?

7. Whats your favorite colour, least favorite colour?

8. What's your favorite movie?

9. What's your favorite book?

10. Have you ever been anywhere on an actual holiday/vacation? (not counting your work trips and excluding Brasil because it is where you were born)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Quick response time eh. Gonna have to pull out the book of questions and ask you toughies... but for now

1. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing.

2. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.

3. Have you ever held a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable?

4. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits)

5. How many tvs do you have?

6. What is your all time favorite bought chocolate?

7. Whats your favorite colour, least favorite colour?

8. What's your favorite movie?

9. What's your favorite book?

10. Have you ever been anywhere on an actual holiday/vacation? (not counting your work trips and excluding Brasil because it is where you were born)
1. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing. Yes, I have 4 tattoos - one on my leg that I got when I was 16... it's an eagle - I hate it, and will revise it pretty soon. Three on my lower back: One tribal design across the lower back, a little girl devil, and an angel, so I am spiritually balanced

2. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears. My nose is pierced, but after I went "corporate", I removed my nose ring.

3. Have you ever held a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable? Yes, I held a boa at my mom's house... It was fine, I was not afraid... She just wrapped around my arm a little too tight; I am sure I was not handling her correctly

4. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits) I have about 3,000 songs in my Ipod, too many to list! The complete Beatles collection, Complete James Taylor, Complete Pink Floyd, Complete Eagles... Love Bruce Springsteen, the listed above, Santana... I love old school classic rock

5. How many tvs do you have? 2

6. What is your all time favorite bought chocolate? It's a Brasilian white chocolate called LAKA. I love white chocolate; milk chocolate is my second favorite. Lyndt is my regular "fix"

7. Whats your favorite colour, least favorite colour? Red is my favorite - I think my least would be gray... but it all depends on what it is going to be used for...

8. What's your favorite movie? Tough one... Ok, you will find this silly: Harry Potter! I also loved Love Actually. I LOVE Hugh Grant!

9. What's your favorite book? Ahhh.... you know it is Harry Potter!
I also love anything written by Gabriel Garcia Markez, especially Love in the times of Cholera, and 100 years of solitude - fantastic writer!

10. Have you ever been anywhere on an actual holiday/vacation? (not counting your work trips and excluding Brasil because it is where you were born) Sure! As far as in different countries, England, Germany, Argentina, Uruguay. I go frequently to LA to hang out with my friends, and to Indianapolis to hang with my cousin. Have been in Vegas quite a few times for pleasure, although I don't like it that much... New Orleans, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Diego, San Francisco... I love traveling!! This year I plan to go often to Mexico, since my brother is moving overthere, and will for sure spend Christmas in Brasil

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice answers my friend!...

ready for another set?...

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're from Brazil, so you do speak Portuguese?

When did you come to this country?

What do you like best about living in the US?

What do you like best about life in Brazil?

What is your favorite cuisine?

Do you like to cook and if so, what is your "signature" dish?

If you were granted three wishes by a genie, what would they be?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Nice answers my friend!...

ready for another set?...

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...
1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?Classic Rock
2.- How many Cd´s do you have?Not that many... about 40? I do have 3,000 songs in my Ipod
3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?James Taylor and Paul McCartney it's a match

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?hummmm... I guess a brasilian singer called Marisa Monte
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ????? nope, but I will check it out!
6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???I have the complete collections for the Beatles, James Taylor, Eagles and Pink Floyd - they are not in CDs, though - in my Ipod
7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?yep - I went to an amazing Paul McCartney concert a couple of years ago...

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???I think in LA it's 99.3 - classic rock... Otherwise I listen to CDs
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx ) nope... but I will check it out
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?... CD... I don't like MP3 collages; I like knowing/choosing what I am listening to.
10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?… nope - I am not coordinated enough!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

You're from Brazil, so you do speak Portuguese?Yep

When did you come to this country? 1996 - it's going to be 13 years! I became a Citizen in 2008 so I could vote - now I am an American too!!!

What do you like best about living in the US?Oh my - there are so many things I love about America! I love the fact that you can do what you love, no matter what it is, and earn a living out of it. I love the safety, and the fact that you can count on the police and fire department for protection and help. I love the diversity of people, races, ethnicities and religions... I love the fact that human life and well being has the ultimate value in society. I love the freeways!
I love that we have access to the best and newest technologies... I love the people... I love that the government works with much less bureaucracy than other countries... I can go on and on and on!

What do you like best about life in Brazil?In Brasil you work to live, and not the other way around... Families are much closer, and life is simpler... You have a job, you work your 8 hours a day, and enjoy your off time with family and friends... I love the weather, the beautiful beaches, going out for a little bar on the beach on sandals... Having my family close to me... The fact that parents have more time with their kids, longer vacations and full paid retirement for life... I love the fact that people comes first, and money is not the reason for living... Life is not as fast and hectic - there is a better balance in between your work and personal life. I miss it a lot, and will go back one day... My dream is to have a company here with a branch in there, so I can have the best of both Worlds!

What is your favorite cuisine?Indian!

Do you like to cook and if so, what is your "signature" dish? I love cooking - my signature dish is Shrimp on coconut Sauce

If you were granted three wishes by a genie, what would they be?That I would be healthy physically and emotionally until the day I die. Have the money to do whatever I want whenever I want, wherever I want! Health and happiness for all my friends and family

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one should take you a little bit of time...

1. Give us 25 random facts about you

Can be absolutely anything you wish to share. (ex. I drink my coffee with milk and sugar...I dye my hair.... I collect whatever... etc)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This one should take you a little bit of time...

1. Give us 25 random facts about you

Can be absolutely anything you wish to share. (ex. I drink my coffee with milk and sugar...I dye my hair.... I collect whatever... etc)
You sneaky girl! ok - here we go with your 25 questions disguised as one
:
  1. I am 33 years old, going on 34
  2. I am a Leo, a Tiger on Chinese, and have 2 kitties - I guess I am all cat
  3. I color my hair with henna
  4. I have a twin sister and an older brother
  5. I am a Chemist and Graphic Designer, but I work in Sales
  6. My grandmother is 96, my grandfather is 95
  7. My biggest dream is to have a baby, but I don't think it will happen
  8. I drink my coffee with cream and sweetener
  9. I am a night person, and hate mornings
  10. I have a "few" extra pounds to lose
  11. I have been single since 2002, and love it
  12. I am left handed
  13. I am very passionate
  14. I talk more than I listen
  15. I love my friends and would do anything for them
  16. I wish I was rich and could volunteer instead of working to earn a living
  17. I have been in love with a married man
  18. I love watching TV
  19. My oldest aunt is 66, my youngest is 17
  20. I LOVE red meat
  21. I think marijuana should be legal
  22. I have 2 best friends - one is Carla, and the other is Karla!
  23. I have migraines
  24. I had a breakdown last year
  25. I am addicted to this site!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool answers! You are a very forthright person!

I am curious - what does your screen name mean?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Cool answers! You are a very forthright person!

I am curious - what does your screen name mean?
Thank you AddieBee! My First name is Carolina, my last name has Lima in it - i have a 3-word last name!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna have to try harder, that one seemed way too easy

1. What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now?

2. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ? How about 5K?

3. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it?

4. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more? (edit: Nevermind this one, you answered it in the 25 things one LOL)

5. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?

more to come.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm gonna have to try harder, that one seemed way too easy

1. What would you like to be doing 5yrs from now? What do you think you will be doing 5yrs from now?I would like to be an International Sales Manager in the Beauty Industry - and that's what I think I'll be doing

2. Would you be willing to eat a bowl full of crickets for $40K ? How about 5K?Yes for both - and I might do it for less

3. You are given $1 000 000 to donate anonymously to charity or to a stranger. How would you dispose of it?I would donate to my best friend Chris' (RIP) charity, that rehabilitates homeless veterans and give them a chance of a new life and career.

4. In conversations, do you tend to listen or talk more? (edit: Nevermind this one, you answered it in the 25 things one LOL)

5. If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?In the past I would say yes... I have done it many times when I was younger - Today I wouldn't; I listen closely to my friends and family

more to come.
Bring it on!!!!!!