static cling kitties

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed over the last month it seems like my cat's coats have been changing.

they're right at one year old now. it use to be the coat was very shiny and soft. It's still soft but it's static clingy. it looks dry, but it's not. but when i run my hands over it without touching it, the hairs stand up, just like you'd expect with static cling.

Is this bad?

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is most likely from the air being dry!it comes from running the heat.Maybe get a humidifier
it might help!have you noticed you were shocking kitties when you pet them???lol My cats look at me like I am nuts every time I pet one and they get shocked!!lol

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a seasonal thing partly--being indoors, dry heat, dry air. My two are little spark machines this time of year. I do give them a fish oil supplement in their food which helps with the fur/skin. A humidifier would also help.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hahaha yes my cats are the same way, esp princess with her long fur, when i brush or pet her it stands up lol

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I've noticed over the last month it seems like my cat's coats have been changing.

they're right at one year old now. it use to be the coat was very shiny and soft. It's still soft but it's static clingy. it looks dry, but it's not. but when i run my hands over it without touching it, the hairs stand up, just like you'd expect with static cling.

Is this bad?
I don't think it is bad, I think it is the time of year. I brush Persi every morning and since Winter has came, I end of with his fur all over me because of static cling.