Meridian Magic Marker

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the keeper brown rosetted girl out of the Loki X Platinum litter.
I really like her rufous coloring, clarity of coat and her rosettes versus acreage. She also has an excellent tail, whited tummy and conforms well to the standard.
I probably won't show her or her sister, since we have a good line up of show cats for this season, but both of them will make wonderful breeder cats.

One of the many things we are concentrating on is NO RIB BARS! Hard to eliminate, but we are almost there.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Goodness! She is absolutely stunning! Dumb question: What do you mean by rib bars?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I just love her face!

When is the show in Raleigh, next weekend?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Soooo many gorgeous kitties! It must be a lot of fun in your house, Nial!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank-you all for the nice comments!

Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh my Goodness! She is absolutely stunning! Dumb question: What do you mean by rib bars?
Not a dumb question! Rib bars in bengals have nothing to do with the ribs, just the placement of markings on the pelt. They are vertical stripes directly behind the front legs, running from the spine down to the belly. Many bengals will present with one or more of these stripes. We are trying to eliminate this trait from the breed. Vertical alignment of the spots is also not preferred, a random horizontal flow is the goal.

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

She's lovely as well - how many litters have you had this year?

I've had one litter and I wanted to keep 3 babies!
For 2009 we've only had 1 litter, but I think you meant over the past year. We have roughly 8-12 litters per year. The bengal cat is so popular we can barely keep up with the demand.

Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh, I just love her face!

When is the show in Raleigh, next weekend?
It's the weekend of the 21st, 22nd. Hope you can stop by Betsy! Cha Cha and Runner will be showing. And I would like for you to see this bengal named Drinkwater Vegas. He is a London son and is just stomping the competition (including us!). He almost looks like a clouded leopard. Quite the amazing cat.

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Wow! Soooo many gorgeous kitties! It must be a lot of fun in your house, Nial!
Yeah fun, lol. ok. hahahahaha.

It IS fun, but good lord, they are so messy. Any cleaning is undone in less than 5 mins, unless they are sleeping.