I need vibes for Chynna

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some vibes for Chynna. She's my old girl

I was in the bathroom and was about to scoop the litter when Chynna climbed in. Usually she waits until it's scooped. However, she peed while I was scooping.

When I scooped the clump she had just made it was not a very big clump. Certainly unusual for her.

I finished scooping and then she got in and got into her "pee pose" but didn't do anything. Then she got out. Then she went back in several seconds later and again didn't do anything. She did this about 5 times before she finally actually did pee. She was near the edge so it ran over. It looked orangish in colour. When I used a tissue to sop it up it actually looked slightly pink on the tissue.

She doesn't seem to be in any distress. No crying. Cuddling as usual. But I called the vet. I'm working evenings this week and only have Friday off before starting 5 day shifts. So I am going to take her in tomorrow morning and leave her over night.

I've asked them to check her urine for a UTI, her blood pressure and her kidney function.

So can I please have some vibes that it's nothing more than a UTI!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts are with you and your furbaby - I hope that whatever is happening is just temporary - and - you will know Chynna is okay soon.

Praying for her right now.
g

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

I could hardly keep my mind on my job this evening. I was worried about my baby girl.

I just got home and found 1 large clump, or it might have been 2 medium ones in the same spot. But it was more the size of what I'm used to seeing from Chynna. However, she usually goes more than once.

She's still going to the doctor in the morning for tests. I'm not taking any chances. I don't like having to leave her overnight, but with my working in the afternoon, there is no way I'd be able to pick her up. Besides, it will give them a chance to do the tests they need. Plus she's a social butterfly and will be charming the pants off of everyone there as usual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's there ! I almost took the wrong kitty. I took the carrier down and put a large fluffy towel inside and sat it on the floor by the door. Chynna likes dark places so I figured she would go in. But Abby snuck in there instead. Hopefully she's that agreeable when it's her turn next month

I didn't know most of the staff there today. However, one of the doctors and the office manager heard that Chynna was coming in today, so when they heard me at the desk they came out to see Chynna. I didn't take her out of the carrier, but the vet put her face up to the carrier and Chynna gave her nose kisses.

I'm having them do a weight, renal function test, a urinalysis, blood pressure, blood glucose and if they feel it's prudent, a repeat thyroid function because Dr. Worb had been quite shocked that her previous one had been normal given some of her symptoms that she had been having.

I figure she is there, so she may as well get checked out thoroughly!!

I work this evening and that means Abby will be home by herself. And I'll be out most of the day tomorrow until I pick up Chynna in the late afternoon. She's never been home by herself for that long. Last year when Chynna was at the vet's, I was still not working so she at least had me here. I'll have to remember to leave the TV on for her.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best wishes for good labs - BTW, I leave one of the new age music stations on for my cats while I'm gone...I've read that new agey, classical, or harp music is especially pleasing and calming to them. Oh, well, at least someone is getting the benefit of my Comcast On Demand