Does your cat.....

marleyandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...meow nonstop when you are getting their food ready? marley meows really loud when he knows Im getting his food ready...and he won't stop until I put it down!! He is always so vocal, especialy when he wants to eat (his food or mine...but he doesn't get mine LOL)

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They used too, but nowadays they are confident they will get their food and in abundance too. Two of them don't even bother to show up at first, I serve raw food that has thawed in the fridge and they like to wait until everything is room temperature.

Flynn is always very enthousiastic and will jump on the counter, but he doesn't vocalise.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One of mine talks to me non-stop until his bowl is on the floor. Originally they were both completely underfoot and jumping on the counters all the time so I trained them they didn't get their dinner unless they sat outside the kitchen til I put it down. For awhile I enforced no begging/crying while I was at it but I figured why bother, as long sa they stay out of the way!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Xander does sometimes, but Riley follows me around biting the back of my legs when I'm getting the food ready
I always feel like he's "herding" me or something

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two SQUEEK !! like mad untill it's on the floor! And if im not quick enough, Daisy' s in the cupboard helping herself! Although she does close the door for me if i ask !

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MarleyAndMe

...meow nonstop when you are getting their food ready? marley meows really loud when he knows Im getting his food ready...and he won't stop until I put it down!! He is always so vocal, especialy when he wants to eat (his food or mine...but he doesn't get mine LOL)
Nope, I feed my cats 24/7!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Nope, I feed my cats 24/7!
So do I, but they act like only their 2 wet meals per day count
The dry bowls can be full but they will still claim they are starving to death!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucy and Moose, who barely tolerate each other, get very excited and temporarily put aside their differences when food is involved. She's literally body slammed him to the floor and he doesn't care!
If the dry food bowl is empty in the morning, Lucy will sometimes sit patiently by the bowl and stare into it as if it will magically refill itself.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

So do I, but they act like only their 2 wet meals per day count
The dry bowls can be full but they will still claim they are starving to death!
Nora is the same way. She gets 1/2c of dry food that she nibbles on periodically through the day, but even if it is full she'll be begging for wet food and tries to kill me while I'm fixing it for her (tripping me, etc). I wish it was as easy as just putting it in a bowl. She's very impatient and is always yelling at me that I take too long. She's the one that prefers it the way I make it. lol If she wasn't so picky....

Then when I put it down she just stares at it like "is that ALL I get??" before she eats it. *grumble*

formermermaid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The stray we adopted in May does this, he acts like he hasn't eaten in a month! Even if it's only been 4 hours. Once time he stood on this back legs and batted the bowl of food right out of my hand as I was lowering it to the floor. The food went everywhere, what a mess. I was not happy. He did help clean it up though

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sabastian will meow non stop, and if im sleeping he will come and keep meowing right by me and bfs head until one of us gets up and feeds him, nipper will meow once in a while im opening the food, but once both of them know im getting their food ready they are right around me and im just about tripping over them, princess has her food bowl in a diff spot, so she will just run right over there as soon as im done feeding the big cats and stare at her bowl til i fill it up

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hannah constantly directs and instructs during the preparation of her meals. She walks me to the fridge, tells me I'm not going fast enough, tells me when the timer goes off and where to put the dish on the floor!!

Callie on the other hand, sits very lady-like, quietly waiting for her food to be put down at her feet, kinda like a queen!

Stephanie

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! Try about 8 to 15 cats meowing as soon as I open the front door, stepping in front of my feet. (I think they want to make me fall off the porch, and they will one of these days!)

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Henry is the only one who does, but he is so aggressive about it. He'll knock the food out of your hand.

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I adopted from a shelter in June, and my boy acts as though he's starving to death when it's time for his wet food (his preference)--although he has his bowl full of dry food 24/7. He's never gone hungry here, but I wonder about his past because he will scour the kitchen floor for any dropped food--human, regardless how small the morsel. And I wonder whether that's a behavior from his former home because he doesn't go hungry here (he was a stray that wound up in the shelter, but clearly was raised in a home--that didn't neuter him).

My former cat would never touch anything that wasn't on her own plate or in her bowl--even if she'd knocked it to the floor herself.

Anyone else have a cat who scavenges on the floor like this guy?

mykittygizmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I said "Milo do you want wet foodie?" he will come running from wherever he has been and mew till he gets it! its really cute.

But he is very vocal, he mews till we go for our walk in the hallway (he is a indoor cat) and he mews when he wants to play fetch or just want to annoy me cuz he sees me on the phone or studying.

My older cat, Gizmo is a very quite cat and when he talks he 'grunts' as oppose to mewing...that's how we have our conversation.