Peeing in His Sleep

aubrey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat Toki was sleeping with me in bed under my arm and when he got up I noticed that he had peed on me in his sleep, on the blanket. It wasn't a lot by any means, just a little spot. I know that boy can pee like nothing else but this was just a little dribble.

I didn't punish him or scold him because he looked so shocked and embarrassed that I assumed it was just an accident. Then for the next two hours he hid under my bed and wouldn't come out until my roommate and I sweet talked him.

We've never had any sort of problem with him spraying (He isn't fixed) and he's never been territorial. Last night he was upset however because my roommate had a boy over last night that Toki really did not like at all.

He's never disliked anyone that much previously. He usually loves everyone he encounters. Could he be territorial toward this guy or was it just an accident?

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since he was sleeping at the time, it's unlikely to be a behavioral problem.

You should take him to the vet right away. It could be a urinary infection or blockage, which can be very dangerous to male cats. The fact that he hid under the bed for a few hours may also show that he's sick.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emmylou

Since he was sleeping at the time, it's unlikely to be a behavioral problem.

You should take him to the vet right away. It could be a urinary infection or blockage, which can be very dangerous to male cats. The fact that he hid under the bed for a few hours may also show that he's sick.
The only time Nova ever went outside the box, she had a urinary infection. She was relaxing on the bed, and suddenly she went. She, too, looked shocked and sort of took off running.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree ..its vet time...When my cats hide...there is always something wrong