Cuddling/sleeping

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wanted to describe some of Mony's behaviors and see if other people's cats are at all similar.

Mony is very active in the morning. She runs up and down the stairs and walks all around the house. When I wake up, she comes over and sits or lays on my chest for some cuddles, purring very loudly and butting her face against my face.

I give her breakfast and she follows me around for a while. She waits outside the bathroom door when I shower and twirls around my legs when I'm primping.

After a while, she settles down and hops up on my bed to sleep. She pretty much sleeps all day long and looks annoyed when I pet her or even talk to her. If I am sitting somewhere, she will come up on my lap and curl up for a nap, though.

At night, around 10 or 11, she is in the mood for playing, so we play with string or her toy mice together. When I get into bed, she goes crazy with the feet-under-the-covers game, and then runs around the house for a couple hours. She sleeps at my feet for the rest of the night.

I know cats sleep a lot, but I feel like she hates me during the day because she won't let me pet her. Does she?

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No she doesn't hate you at all, you can tell she loves you. Pets. cuddles, hugs kisses, most times it has to be on their terms. I have a few cats thats like that. Very warm and affectionate, playful, I know they love me, but its on their terms when they feel needful of cuddles.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucy is exactly the same way. She's very affectionate, on her own terms and timetable. She's a lap cat when she jumps up on me, but if I pick her up she bolts.
Should I walk by and pet her, she may take a swipe at me because I had the audacity to disturb her highness!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the input, guys. This thread probably seems silly to you, but Mony is my first pet ever, so I'm still getting used to the way she acts.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I think cats are naturally nocturnal creatures. All of mine spend a good part of the day sleeping and several hours at night playing.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Devanagara

Thanks for the input, guys. This thread probably seems silly to you, but Mony is my first pet ever, so I'm still getting used to the way she acts.
It's not a silly question; cats, just like people, have different personalities which is what makes them all the more fascinating!

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Princess is the same way!all cats are different.It doesn't mean she does not like you!don't take it personal!