Pics from Prague!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As it is still pretty cold here, I haven't gotten out to take more pics. But here are some...

The first link are ones that were taken on the bridge just south of the Charles Bridge. Prague Castle and the Bridge dominate.

The 2nd link is of on and around Charles Bridge and Petrin Hill, where you go up a funicular to the park at the top.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...c&id=782905098

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e&id=782905098

It has been amazing here! I got here at the end of the year and have been getting around pretty good. It's true what they say about Czechs being standoffish until they get to know you, so it's something I have to get used to! I've met a few people already and am just waiting for warmer weather so I can go explore more!

...and Whisky is finally coming over!! He'll be here in about 2 weeks!!!

caleeko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG wow that is so beautiful I love the pictures that look like a old city along a canal or river or something, those are fantastic.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello, beautiful pictures. I love the architecture in those old European capitals. A lot of the old castles and other buildings remind me of Budapest. Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun exploring and taking pictures.

As for the locals, are they just stand-offish to everyone or just foreigners (i.e., people who don't speak Czech)?

Does Whisky have to spend any time in quarantine when he gets there?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how very lovely and picturesque! I have heard that Prague is a pretty city.

I don't recall WHY you went there? Can you refresh my memory?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Hello, beautiful pictures. I love the architecture in those old European capitals. A lot of the old castles and other buildings remind me of Budapest. Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun exploring and taking pictures.

As for the locals, are they just stand-offish to everyone or just foreigners (i.e., people who don't speak Czech)?

Does Whisky have to spend any time in quarantine when he gets there?
Everyone, until they get to know you.

From what I've heard, Whisky just needs a current health certificate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Wow, how very lovely and picturesque! I have heard that Prague is a pretty city.

I don't recall WHY you went there? Can you refresh my memory?
To teach english to kids.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

It's certainly the most beautiful city I've been to, and I was there in a snowstorm!

That snowstorm was in late March, so you've got a long winter ahead of you Whiskey.