My trip to London over the weekend

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I decided to take a weekend break to London, and the sights we saw were awesome!

We stayed in a nice hotel in the City of Westminster, the location for the Big Ben, Houses of Parliament and the London Eye (and looking up at that, we thought 'Wow'!
)

Our first day was spent visiting the London Dungeons, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Big Ben, London Eye and Trafalgar Square...they were so cool!
I even got a fright down in the dungeons
But it sure was fun

Day number two...we visited the Tower Bridge, then the Science Museum before heading back to London Victoria Station to head back home.

Although we had time squeezed in to visit all of these places, travelling on the Underground took up most of it, mainly hopping on and off to explore...but overall we had fun, and it was an experience we won't forget!

Oh yeah, and here are some pictures of the trip.....Enjoy viewing!
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...20Trip%202009/

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn`t it fun! Sounds like you went to the same places I went a few months back

The London Dungeons are so cool. Did you go on the ride at the end? I nearly pooped!

What was the London Eye like? I`ve not been on that yet

Glad you had a nice time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah the ride at the end of the Dungeons we had no choice but to go on really...it's your only way out!
My heart went into my mouth I swear!
And I screamed loudly too

The London Eye we went on about 5pm in the evening just as it was getting dark, the lights we saw from everything was so amazing!
I wouldn't recommend it for people who don't like heights though, when you look down you can see the river below....

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weve got that very exact fairis wheel here in Melbourne Australia now, it opened up early jan and its already broken due to the heat! its been over 40 degrees the whole week!

My mother loves that wax museum she is dying to go back

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you packed a lot in! looks like you had a great time!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Great pictures and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip - how far do you live from London?
About 2-3 hours away, depending on how you travel there really, we went by train so it took us 2 hours at the most

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

About 2-3 hours away, depending on how you travel there really, we went by train so it took us 2 hours at the most
Are you way down in Devon/Cornwall?. I'm in the North East and it takes me just over 3 hours to get to London.

I love the Dungeons though

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a small town called Littlehampton..about one hour away from Brighton. It takes that long to get there mainly due to traffic and also the congestion charges (I'm guessing?) and also where my dad travelled there a lot he used to complain about how long the journey took

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great pictures! Sounds like a very fun weekend.
I would love to go back to London some day.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE London soooooooooooo much!!!! I need to go back there really soon....... What a fantastic place!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

I live in a small town called Littlehampton..about one hour away from Brighton. It takes that long to get there mainly due to traffic and also the congestion charges (I'm guessing?) and also where my dad travelled there a lot he used to complain about how long the journey took
I know Littlehampton a bit, my Oriental Shorthair boys come from a breeder friend who lives in that area, also we used to go down to Littlehampton for days out in the summer when I was a kid. I live in east London now but grew up in Surrey (between Guildford and Dorking if you know that area at all!) so Littlehampton was within easy reach for a day by the sea with ice cream cones and fish & chips

Glad you enjoyed London