Im crying over my kittens

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please someone tell me its ok to let them go? I have a cat problem.. I have too many cats here because i cant catch the momma to get her fixed... She has gave birth 4 times .. Of course i get attached to the kittens.. Momma only let me pet her after the 4th liter.. for about a week.. I was able to give one away from the 3rd litter.. One from the first litter got killed by a car.. The last time she gave birth she had 3 but one didnt make it.. So last week i took another stray that showed up here to the local shelter for the snip program and somehow i managed to get the kittens into it also.. They were fixed and got their shots.. They are 2 males, Binx an Buster.. I took them in on tuesday and was supposed to pick them up on thurs. but because of a snowstorm they stayed till friday.. They kept the other stray.. I was depressed without them and felt so sorry for them being in cages all them days.. They were so glad to come back home.. They ran around the house so exicted to be back and they looked so skinny and were so thirsty.. They are sleeping right now on my pillow under the blanket.. The animal shelter has just called about an hour ago and they have a spot open for them now.. Im just bawling my eyes out over taking them back.. I know its a no kill shelter.. Anyone know how long kittens stay at these places before being adopted out? I cant bear the thought of them being in a cage for a week or however long.. They are constantly together and how can i be sure they would be adopted out together? Im just not calling the shelter back until im sure its the right thing to do for them or me.. Funny how i can take strays there and not look back but when it comes to the ones ive had since birth i cant bear to part with them.. thats why i have 14 cats..

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is wonderful you like to take in the strays!However it defeats your purpose (of trying to help strays) if you don't have room for newcomers!!also if they have the oppertunity to go to a no kill shelter,I would send them!They will get all the medical care they need and most likely will be fostered for a while before actually going to the shelter(if they even keep them at shelters...some place just use foster homes) I would say yes!it is great to send them to a shelter...Good luck!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would this be the same shelter from which they returned so skinny & thirsty?? If so, ponder this decision carefully, if your two boys are not in imminent danger...Perhaps you could continue to foster your boys & put their pics on an ad & post it at the shelter. If they are still really young and cute, they'd probably get adopted out quickly, but if you can foster at home, they get valuable socialization. Does the no-kill have an active socialization program in place?? How often are the kittens given excercise time?
Sending you prayers and vibes for wisdom & guidance from a Higher Source

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

It is wonderful you like to take in the strays!However it defeats your purpose (of trying to help strays) if you don't have room for newcomers!!also if they have the oppertunity to go to a no kill shelter,I would send them!They will get all the medical care they need and most likely will be fostered for a while before actually going to the shelter(if they even keep them at shelters...some place just use foster homes) I would say yes!it is great to send them to a shelter...Good luck!!
Thanks for the advice.. But i am the foster mom since i took them for the spay/neuter intake program last week.. I guess in reality i know its not a total no kill place.. Over the past 2 years alone i have taken at least 15 cats there.. And i have brought several back to foster until a space became avaliable.. However one cat didnt pass the test to be adopted out.. She had a hissy pissy fit in the cage is what i figure.. she was already spayed so they didnt fix her.. So they were going TO PTS if i didnt take her back.. Of course i went back and got her.. She liked me.. She lived outside in our barn all last winter and all summer she was a porch cat.. Finally when the snow and cold came i coaxed her in the house and now shes a perfectly good house cat.. I have 2 1/2 acres of land with a huge barn and a big old farm house. So theres plenty of room.. Its just that they are so expensive to feed.. I go thru a large bag of cat chow, case of canned food and 27 lbs of cat liter every week.. And then i took one there about 6 years ago that showed up here and i missed him so much that i went back an adopted him.. So we do have barney and barnett still out of the strays that showed up..Plus goldie.. The momma that i cant catch my son found eating out of a garbage can at a diner at a busy intersection.. He brought her home and named her oscar .. we thought oscar was male until she gave birth.. She was was so dirty i thought she was black.. Shes mostly gray with with white underneath and splashes of orange.. Im sure she was total feral.. Ive had her here for 3 years and 4 litters of kittens later.. And yes she lives in the house and only acts like shes still feral.. If only i could catch her and get her fixed my kitten days will be over.. Then my purpose will be over.. LOL

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Would this be the same shelter from which they returned so skinny & thirsty?? If so, ponder this decision carefully, if your two boys are not in imminent danger...Perhaps you could continue to foster your boys & put their pics on an ad & post it at the shelter. If they are still really young and cute, they'd probably get adopted out quickly, but if you can foster at home, they get valuable socialization. Does the no-kill have an active socialization program in place?? How often are the kittens given excercise time?
Sending you prayers and vibes for wisdom & guidance from a Higher Source
Thanks for the wisdom and guidance .. Thats what i need the most at this point.. The 5 months old adorable babies are not in danger here.. And yes its the same shelter they would go back to.. I do realize they had to go a certain amount of time without eating or drinking before they were fixed and had to stay an extra day.. They were probably to depressed to eat while being held captive in a cage.. They do have a active socialization program.. And i must have active cat sickness over letting them go.. Thats a good idea about taking their pic up there and just keeping them here until someone is interested.. I will ask tomorrow when i call them back..Thanks again for good vibes..

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by ms cat love

If only i could catch her and get her fixed my kitten days will be over.. Then my purpose will be over.. LOL

Yeah, right. You know there are more kitties out there just waiting to sneak into your heart when you aren't looking.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the advice.. But i am the foster mom since i took them for the spay/neuter intake program last week.. I guess in reality i know its not a total no kill place.. Over the past 2 years alone i have taken at least 15 cats there.. And i have brought several back to foster until a space became avaliable.. However one cat didnt pass the test to be adopted out.. She had a hissy pissy fit in the cage is what i figure.. she was already spayed so they didnt fix her.. So they were going TO PTS if i didnt take her back.. Of course i went back and got her.. She liked me.. She lived outside in our barn all last winter and all summer she was a porch cat.. Finally when the snow and cold came i coaxed her in the house and now shes a perfectly good house cat.. I have 2 1/2 acres of land with a huge barn and a big old farm house. So theres plenty of room.. Its just that they are so expensive to feed.. I go thru a large bag of cat chow, case of canned food and 27 lbs of cat liter every week.. And then i took one there about 6 years ago that showed up here and i missed him so much that i went back an adopted him.. So we do have barney and barnett still out of the strays that showed up..Plus goldie.. The momma that i cant catch my son found eating out of a garbage can at a diner at a busy intersection.. He brought her home and named her oscar .. we thought oscar was male until she gave birth.. She was was so dirty i thought she was black.. Shes mostly gray with with white underneath and splashes of orange.. Im sure she was total feral.. Ive had her here for 3 years and 4 litters of kittens later.. And yes she lives in the house and only acts like shes still feral.. If only i could catch her and get her fixed my kitten days will be over.. Then my purpose will be over.. LOL
Oh I see! well in that case I guess the best thing would be to keep them....and adopt them out on your own?I know what you mean about how much the food cost (not to mention vet bills) I also rescue cats and I also take care of several feral colonies.Everything we do for them comes from our pockets!so I know just how expensive it can be!!I didn't see where you had written they came back in bad shape,how sad!I guess they truly are best with you!and good luck catching the mama!and there will always be more coming
A cat always knows a good thing when thjey see it,and I think they call thier friends and relatives too
again good luck!!

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I finally parted with my kittens today.. Its been 6 hours and im still sad and crying.. I tried to catch the mama but no such luck.. Im trying to ad pics for the first time.. Theres one of kittens i loved so much and really hope they are adopted soon or im going to get them back.. The other pic is a few of my others including mama up there on the left side of my pillow acting like the queen.. Im sure by the way she looks now, shes pregnant again.. Please send vibes that i catch that cat like tomorrow.... Even though the house seems empty with only 13 other cats...

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I finally parted with my kittens today.. Its been 6 hours and im still sad and crying.. I tried to catch the mama but no such luck.. Im trying to ad pics for the first time.. Theres one of kittens i loved so much and really hope they are adopted soon or im going to get them back.. The other pic is a few of my others including mama up there on the left side of my pillow acting like the queen.. Im sure by the way she looks now, shes pregnant again.. Please send vibes that i catch that cat like tomorrow.... Even though the house seems empty with only 13 other cats...
I can see the photos just fine!
You did a lovely thing for the kittens, and because of you they'll be able to find loving homes!

that you can catch mama cat

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

... And yes she lives in the house and only acts like shes still feral.. If only i could catch her and get her fixed my kitten days will be over.. Then my purpose will be over.. LOL
If she lives in the house how is she getting pregnant??

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its so overpopulated over here, no adult cats get adopted, and only "Cute" kittens get adopted. The generic tabbies, and black cats/kittens are usually ignored. Our SPCA euthanizes thousands and thousands each month during kitten season.

That is why I have 23 cats. We go through through 3-4 25 pound bags of kirkland signature a month, plus about 200+ cans of Canned cat food a month, and 5-6 50 pound bags of cat litter.

But we do it cause we love cats. All of them are spayed and neutered, including the ferals. And my neighbors have 11 cats.

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

I can see the photos just fine!
You did a lovely thing for the kittens, and because of you they'll be able to find loving homes!

that you can catch mama cat
Thanks a bunch for letting me know i finally was able to post pictures.. I hope i did a lovely thing sharing my little guys.. My heart just aches for them being in a cage.. Im so tempted to go back for them.. Im still crying over them being gone.. How can the house feel so empty with 13 other cats is beyond me? No one has gone into the kitty cube since theyve been gone.. i think mama (oscar the grouch) noticed last night they were gone by the way she was meowing..

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

If she lives in the house how is she getting pregnant??
All the cats go out.. She had no desire to go out of the house for months after this last litter and on xmas day she started that meowwwwwwwwwwwwwww meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww meeeeeeeeeout. and i new she was in heat again an bolted out the door for the night.. she always comes back.. I dont have any unfixed males so they must just linger out in the yard waiting for her i guess.. God help me shes fat again..

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IF she lives in your house, I can't understand why you can't catch this cat - surely you could use a trap? I do hope you can work something out so this is her last litter.

misskitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I just gave my first foster kitten to his new mom today. He didn't want me to hand him to her. He kept burrowing himself in my neck and scarf. It was heartbreaking. I rescued him and his two sisters myself. My family also has three of his siblings from a previous litter. It was very hard to break up the family, but I know he's going to a wonderful home. I saved him so he didn't have to live on the street, freeze to death, or be hit by a car. I know I can't keep him because we already have far too many rescued animals. We wouldn't be able to afford to give him the care he deserves. I know his new adoptive mom will give him a wonderful life and treat him like her baby. We have to look at it this way. We're doing this for the best interest of the kitties. While it's sad that we have to part, it's nice to think that we're giving them something they never would have had a chance at otherwise.

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its going on the 12th night without the kittens and i still miss them
I went back 2 times to try and get them back..
They reminded me how many other cats i had so i went home with an empty cage.. I was doing better until i saw Busters pic on their web site without binx just a few minutes ago.. theres another cat Oliver that looks like binx? Now i feel even more guilty for leaving them... If anyone is interested in adopting them please go to this web site.. They were born on Aug. 6 2008.. They are just adorable

http://www.geaugahumane.org/

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The other stray cat i took up there with no name .. Is listed as jamal on the same website.. He was here about 6 weeks.. It was so cold outside he ended up in my laundry room.. I thought he was a she.. He was already neutered.. He was a laid back nice cat..

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry! The kitties will find wonderful homes. Until they do, living in a cage with food, and access to medical care is much better than living out in the cold. It's only temporary, and then they will go to a home where the new owner can focus on loving and taking care of them. Also, if you have 13 other cats, it's probably best for them to be in a place where they are getting enough attention without taking attention away from your other kitties. I cried when I let my first foster go to her new home, but her new owner sent us pictures and she looks full and happy and she sleeps on his bed every night! I definitely think it's the right thing to do.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute, the chances of them being adopted out are good
Did Binx get adopted out, is that why his pic is gone
Sending major prayers and vibes that Buster finds his new forever home very soon & that you can finally get mama-kitty spayed