Do your cats abuse you when you sleep?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m curious.

Maisie is turning into a hooligan!
Since she has been sleeping on my bed I have been awoken to her climbing all over the bedside cabinet.

She has sniffed my eyes.

Scratched at my cheek

Stood on my head.

Layed on my head.

Then last night I was dreaming that I was trying to talk but no sound was coming out. Well, no wonder! I woke up to find Maisie laying across my neck!

If I don`t post tomorrow it`s because she`s gone one further and layed across my face!

Do you get abused by your kitties at night?

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine like to knock things over to wake me up sometimes. They also like to walk all over me which is quite painful as they are both around 15lbs! And Mulder likes to curl up right in my face so I can’t breathe, but I usually just face the other way. At various times they have both decided to lick/chew on my hair/hands/arms/feet. Of course if I ban them from the bedroom they sit in the hallway and meow all night… So – yes!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Linny but that's hilarious. I think she's just so happy to be sleeping with you
And for the Record, Yes, Pepino Lays all over my head and face and steps all over my face too

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The bed is Cindy's domain, so she's the only one we have to contend with, and mostly she just finds ways of pinning the human in one position -- except for weekend mornings when the human is lying in too long and thus delaying breakfast -- but even then, she just sticks her face in mine.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nova likes to curl up against my head and groom me.

The other day, she walked over my head. She was careful to step over me, but her belly dragged on my face!

Sometimes, she brings her toys onto the bed and plays with them there. Other times, she's more persistent and swats me in the face untill I'm up. She also reaches under the covers and grabs at whatever part of me she can reach. (She curls up her little paw against me and tugs.)

She cries and scratches at the door if I close her out.

In the mornings, my SO gets up before me. Eventually, Nova thinks I ought to get up too and she hops onto the bed for my morning torture. I call out to my SO, "Mike! Mike, help!" Then, Michael will come and take her out of the room. Well, she's gotten wise, and now when I call for help, she runs to the foot of the bed and pretends to just be laying down!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It`s a conspiracy!

It is funny what they get up to. They all seem to know the best ways to wake us up
Funny thing is they don`t like it when we do it to them

Helen, she is so sweet
Even though she was suffocating me last night I didn`t want to move her. It was an uncomfy night

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, all the above LOL.

Kizzy likes to lay high on my chest, under my chin if I'm laying on my back....which would be great if his fluff didn't cover my mouth and nose.

Laying on the couch, he tries to suffocate me.... I think its his way of saying: "no nap for you".

Favorite position tho: when he's not trying to kill me, he curls up between my legs

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natasha, our 8 month old bobcat girl is a little terror at night. Almost like clockwork, she wakes me at 2:30 am, bites my neck and ears. Walks on my head, bites my toes and hands
However, their is no getting upset with her. She does all that with a loud purr to say, I love you

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens do! If they are chasing each other they will run across me (luckily doesn't happen too often.) They will also sit on my pillow above my head and chew on my hair! I've taken to sleeping with a pillow over my head to protect my hair but then they lay on the pillow on top of my head...
When I wake up they come and lay on me. Unfortunately they often end up ALL coming to snuggle with me when I wake up so I end up with 5 large kittens on my chest and stomach. When I say large I mean it, the biggest is over 10 pounds already. It was worse when there were 6 of them especially since the one who was adopted recently, Rosalie, was the second largest in the litter so she was about 8 pounds.
Church usually just comes and lays on my chest purring, and then licks my hands/arms.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jake wakes me up with loud purring, and at first i'm thinking awww how sweet until I notice he has one of my socks in his mouth and has that lustful look in his eyes...I dunno why but he always does all of his sexual activity at night when I am sleeping and wakes me up...He hasn't stopped humping socks after being neutered. Maybe he will eventually...

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Jake wakes me up with loud purring, and at first i'm thinking awww how sweet until I notice he has one of my socks in his mouth and has that lustful look in his eyes...I dunno why but he always does all of his sexual activity at night when I am sleeping and wakes me up...He hasn't stopped humping socks after being neutered. Maybe he will eventually...
Jake humps socks??? Well...that's the first I've heard of anything like that!

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes. Ally unfortunately has messed with my sleep for the last month. I really don't know what to do about it. I can deal with her playing in the room. I just put ear-plugs in my ears and go to sleep.

She does however sometimes wake me up to play. She'll usually scratch at my boxers trying to pull them down, or scratch my leg gently almost as to say, "Wake up!.. Wake up!"

Nibbling on my toes is always interesting too. It freaked me out the first time, as I am stilling getting used to having a cat and didn't immediately realize that it was Ally.

Lastly, she will nudge my face with her paw and I wake up to see her staring at me.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

Yes. Ally unfortunately has messed with my sleep for the last month. I really don't know what to do about it. I can deal with her playing in the room. I just put ear-plugs in my ears and go to sleep.

She does however sometimes wake me up to play. She'll usually scratch at my boxers trying to pull them down, or scratch my leg gently almost as to say, "Wake up!.. Wake up!"

Nibbling on my toes is always interesting too. It freaked me out the first time, as I am stilling getting used to having a cat and didn't immediately realize that it was Ally.

Lastly, she will nudge my face with her paw and I wake up to see her staring at me.
LOL

its amazing how after living with a cat for a while now, I've learned to always stay under my blankets in order to avoid getting my toes nibbled on or randomly being attacked in order to wake up and play. It's subconscious now I don't even realize it but I never leave my feet hanging out from my blanket...and if I do by mistake surely an attack will follow very soon.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mulder also likes to suck/nurse on my blanket. In the summer it isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t an issue because its too warm to use that one anyway and I just use a cotton comforter which he ignores. But now that it is cold I need it and its quite gross to wake up to a soaked blanket because he has sucked it so much, not to mention the really annoying ‘suck suck suckâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] noise he makes. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve started making my bed with an extra sheet on top of the blanket so he canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get to it but if that slips in my sleep, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll wake up to the wet blanket!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MEOW!

*tromp tromp tromp*

MEOW!!

*tromp tromp tromp*

MEOW!!!

Topaz is my alarm clock. Heaven forbid I sleep past daybreak.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

You know, Kitty used to get...urm...'frisky' with my duvet at night
But witha a sock?!
Your feet must smell goooood!

Originally Posted by gemlady

MEOW!

*tromp tromp tromp*

MEOW!!

*tromp tromp tromp*

MEOW!!!

Topaz is my alarm clock. Heaven forbid I sleep past daybreak.
Topaz is lonely when you are sleeping!

There should be some kind of support group

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

You know, Kitty used to get...urm...'frisky' with my duvet at night
But witha a sock?!
Your feet must smell goooood!
Usually before I go to sleep I am so knocked out that I just throw my socks on the floor and pick them up and put them in the laundry basket in the morning...The weird thing is, it doesn't matter what kind of socks they are, all my socks are different colors and designs- some are really short ones for sneakers, etc..Jake will pick up any kind of sock and take it up to my bed and rape it lol. This happens every night. He usually also likes to get on my stomach or back to do this and that's where he annoys me while I sleep. If I try to move him he complains... In the morning I always pick up my socks while telling Jake, "I have to collect your poor rape victims" lol...

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a humorous question.
Especially since I've been working so hard to get my cats to sleep with me. Mellie will sleep with me; Twinkie will sleep with me; getting Twinkie and Mellie to both sleep with me on the same bed is a challenge. I really don't care to be hearing hissing and growling when I'm trying to sleep. I guess you could call that abuse.
They're fine when they're alone with me. I've been making a little progress lately. If they fight on the bed while I'm in there, they get chucked off the bed, both of them, and if they continue they get shut in the cat room for the rest of the night.

Other than their conflict, they don't bother me. Sometimes I wake up in the morning to find Twinkie about six inches from my face intently peering at me and that's a little disturbing at first. When he knows I'm awake, then he goes into his Mr. Cuteness routine to get me out of bed so he can get his breakfast.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Swanie's usual routine is to jump on the bed while I'm still watching tv, poke around til he finds my leg, stand on my leg with both his front paws, then get comfy somewhere either laying against my leg, on my foot, or across both feet. Sometimes in the morning he'll burrow, climb over the top of me, and get comfortable between me and DH. If I don't get up in the morning when he wants me to, he'll jump on and off the bed and/or the headboard.

Cindy used to climb up on me in the middle of the night looking for me to get her some food, until I got smart and put dry food out at night for her to munch on. I still might wake up with her on me somewhere, usually my hip or leg, or DH will find her on his chest, since he sleeps on his back.

Heaven only knows what they do when we're sleeping

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MY cats? Abuse ME?

Seriously, I ought to call MPS (Meowmy Protective Services) on them!