My cats have never had issues with hairballs. Because of this I've never had to give them any sort of laxative. Well Max had a run in with a flea, and started pulling his hair out. The flea issue has been taken care of, but Max ingested a lot of hair. Last night I was afraid he was choking to death. I tried to get him to eat some vaseline (that's what I use as laxative for my ferrets) but he wouldn't touch it. I tried dipping one of his treats in it but he still wouldn't take it. I am taking him to the vet soon for a checkup and a senior blood panel (he's 13 years old), but I'd like to clear this up as soon as possible rather than waiting for the vet appointment. Any ideas on how to get a finicky cat to eat something he's not used to, or do I have to try to force feed it to him?
post #1 of 12
2/2/09 at 7:45am