or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Need a no fish dry cat food- Sharky?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a no fish dry cat food- Sharky? - Page 2

post #31 of 38
Thread Starter 
UPDATE ON FOOD (sorry so late!):

No news, lol. I was trying the Authority Senior, but I thought Bird was losing weight, so I took her off of it. Turns out she was only losing her winter coat, heh, and only weighs an ounce less (vet visit). I am going to keep searching though, since they weren't exactly thrilled with the Authority. *sigh*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
Neat!
I went from 00 - 05 - BFA in art (drawing concentration)
Then 05 - 06 MEd in education (art K-12).

Was Dr. Scot Meyer, Prof. Scot Stevens, Ted Metz, and Prof. Procter there when you went?
Whoa, sorry, it's been a while since I checked this thread :O ... Yes, they were! I was there (maybe I already said this, lol) '89 to '92 . Prof. Protor was my advisor.
post #32 of 38
There should also be James Wellbeloved. Used by many cats who need low allergenic food.
I think it should also be accessible in USA.

Several years ago I compared Royal Canin and Hills, as our stud had some issues - oversensivity - with fish. Royal Canin had fish oils, but not Hills. - In any case not the Hills we did used...
I dont know recent receipts of Hills, but then and there Hills was somewhat more safe.


(btw. The fish-issues disappared when he become a harmonic castrathe )
post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanZ View Post
There should also be James Wellbeloved. Used by many cats who need low allergenic food.
I think it should also be accessible in USA.

Several years ago I compared Royal Canin and Hills, as our stud had some issues - oversensivity - with fish. Royal Canin had fish oils, but not Hills. - In any case not the Hills we did used...
I dont know recent receipts of Hills, but then and there Hills was somewhat more safe.


(btw. The fish-issues disappared when he become a harmonic castrathe )
TO date JW is not available in the US ... I agree it too is a good place to start
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
TO date JW is not available in the US ... I agree it too is a good place to start
Oh. So perhaps it is possible to get in on post-order from abroad?

It will surely cost more, but perhaps not SO very much more.
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanZ View Post
Oh. So perhaps it is possible to get in on post-order from abroad?

It will surely cost more, but perhaps not SO very much more.
Some might IMHO it is about level with most mid grade premiums and thus I would not go to the extra expense
post #36 of 38

I have a cat that can't have FISH at all, mostly all cat food has a small amount of fish apart from Purina One Urinary Tract Formula. There might more out there but my cat is doing good! (his hair falls out and has bloody stools if he has fish of any kind :( ) I hope this helps :)

post #37 of 38
Just a note that this thread is from 2009.
post #38 of 38

Anyone who has problems with cat food allergies will no now a little something :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Need a no fish dry cat food- Sharky?