This is embarrassing!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterdy Mom got me a new necklace that hooks in the back. My sister asked me if I was sure I could handle that kind of necklace and I said "sure." I have mild CP and my coordination isn't the greatest. I had no problem getting it on this morning, but tonight when I was undressing, no matter how hard I tried I COULDN'T GET THE DARN NECKLACE OFF! Mom can't help because she's legally blind and my sister doesn't live with us, so I guess I'm going to have to wear it until Tuesday when our caretaker comes and have her help me take it off!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at least you know now that, that type of clasp doesn't work for you.

Maybe a neighbour could help if you don't want to wait till Tues.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it at least a pretty necklace? Maybe people will just think you really like it a lot.
I could think of worse things to have stuck on you for a few days.

I think we all have problems with certain clasps...it's like they intentionally make it a puzzle to get them off.
There are magnetic ones that you can just attach right to the necklace, any craft and hobby store should have them over in the jewelry making supply section for a few dollars.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, I'm sorry! SW is right, a magnetic clasp is the way to go... at the store where I work, we have some that are superstrong and reliable for only a couple of dollars apiece, but we always recommend that you add a little safety chain, too (which is easy to do).

If you have any trouble finding a bead store that will make the change for you at a reasonable price, you can send your necklace to me and I'll do it. In fact, I'd be happy to switch out the clasps for any other jewelry you or your mom have trouble with, too... no charge. Just PM me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Is it at least a pretty necklace? Maybe people will just think you really like it a lot.
I could think of worse things to have stuck on you for a few days.

I think we all have problems with certain clasps...it's like they intentionally make it a puzzle to get them off.
There are magnetic ones that you can just attach right to the necklace, any craft and hobby store should have them over in the jewelry making supply section for a few dollars.
Yep, it is a pretty necklace.
. Maybe I'll get one of those magnetic ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh honey, I'm sorry! SW is right, a magnetic clasp is the way to go... at the store where I work, we have some that are superstrong and reliable for only a couple of dollars apiece, but we always recommend that you add a little safety chain, too (which is easy to do).

If you have any trouble finding a bead store that will make the change for you at a reasonable price, you can send your necklace to me and I'll do it. In fact, I'd be happy to switch out the clasps for any other jewelry you or your mom have trouble with, too... no charge. Just PM me!
Thanks, I may PM you.