new piercing!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i got the back of my neck pierced!! it was virtually painless, and very spontaneous. i got out of work friday nite and said ya know what? im going to get the back of my neck pierced right now...so i go into the piercing place and the lady gives me the speech about how its not like a lip piercing theres more to it yada yada yada, and she sends the piecer out to talk to me, so he tells me all about it and tells me maybe i should go home and look up some stuff online and think about it and come back, i said ive thought about it, can you do it now? so he took me in the back marked me up and did it, barely any pain, he kept asking if i was ok, when i was done he asked if i felt good enough to stand, i said im fine lol. so far so good, no swelling, no healing pain like a reg piercing, i have to put a hot papertowel compress on it 3x a day with sea salt to ensure proper healing and when in the shower let the hot water run down the back of my neck. im glad i finally did it, this year for me is all about doing, not talking, ive talked about volunterring to help animals forever and this neck piercing and ive done both.

and the reason i got it done is i think is a very pretty adornment when you wear your hair up

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Post some piccies!

Glad you didn't find it painful!
Originally Posted by tierre0

That is a little different, I would love to see some picts as well.
me, too - i don't think i've ever seen one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i will...ill take one with my camera and upload soon

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats

Did you end up going with a nape piercing or the Madison? While not a piercing I would do, I've seen some that look great. One of my friends had a Madison and it migrated

Would love to see pics of yours

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking forward to pics!

I wanted a nape for awhile, but I am afraid of it not healing properly and leaving me with a scar on the back of my neck instead! Especially because I end up rolling onto my back a lot when sleeping, and also have long hair to get caught on it!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yes, its a surface piercing, and its the nape piercing, im really hoping it doesnt migrate!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could it migrate?? I would love to see it!! What was all the talk they gave you?? Is it supposed to be more dangerous or something??

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

How could it migrate?? I would love to see it!! What was all the talk they gave you?? Is it supposed to be more dangerous or something??
http://tattoo.about.com/cs/piercefaq/a/migration.htm This link will help explain migration

I had one piercing that did. Picture a clock.... one hole at 9 and one at 3. The 3oclock hole stayed put, but the 9oclock hole moved gradually over to between 12 and 1. Hurt like heck, and I had to remove that piercing. (it was NOT a surface piercing either....surface piercings tend to migrate easier... on some people).

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/piercefaq/a/migration.htm This link will help explain migration

I had one piercing that did. Picture a clock.... one hole at 9 and one at 3. The 3oclock hole stayed put, but the 9oclock hole moved gradually over to between 12 and 1. Hurt like heck, and I had to remove that piercing. (it was NOT a surface piercing either....surface piercings tend to migrate easier... on some people).
i also thought migrating meant when it starts to grow out, your skin will keep healing and pushing it closer and closer to the surface until most of the barbell is hanging out, and thene you have to take it out, thats more common with surface piercings, thats why they used a diff barbell on my neck, its shaped like an upside down staple, its supposed to reduce resistance so its less of a risk of it growing out.

so anyway today i decided i was just going to tell my mom about the piercing instead of trying to hide it until she saw it, well when i told her she called me a few choice words, told me that im 31 and should grow up already, then when i told her where she called me an A-hole again, then when i showed it to her she got really disgusted, told me i needed help and should see a psychiatrist. She will get over it
so i laid the guilt trip right back on her and said considering thats the only thing i do in my life that you dont agree with i think thats not so bad after all....its all good tho cause i know in a few days we will both be laughing and joking about it.

so i figure maybe ill wait til next week to tell my dad

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

so anyway today i decided i was just going to tell my mom about the piercing instead of trying to hide it until she saw it, well when i told her she called me a few choice words
That's funny. My parents, who are 65 and 81, are pretty open-minded about things like tattoos and piercings. I have 6 piercings in my left ear, but no body piercings and no tattoos. (Even my parents have tattoos!) It's like the complete opposite of your situation- my parents are cooler than I am!

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

i laid the guilt trip right back on her and said considering thats the only thing i do in my life that you dont agree with i think thats not so bad after all....
Yea my parents 'disapproved' of my piercings (I only have two!) but they REALLY freaked when I came home with a tattoo. I pulled the same thing - if the only thing I do that you don't like is get a tattoo, do you really want to push this? Then suddenly they got over it.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
finally..as promised, i had to figure how to get it from my phone to my computer...

oh and i told my dad this weekend, he wasnt exactly thrilled, he told me i was a nut, and that im going to be 32 and need to grow up, then made some comments about how he wishes id come over one day and tell him a suprise like i enrolled back in school...he didnt even ask where the piercing was, and when i asked him if he wanted to know, he said he didnt even want to know, that was basically it and we just went on with our visit just talking about normal things, and i seen him today and he was fine, so he def took it alot better than my mom lol

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!!! That's soooooo cool!!!! Awesome! Oh brother... you are giving me ideas.....
I love the fact that it is hidden, so you can still be professional when you need to be, and have an edge when you want to... Did it hurt a lot?