Can Cats...

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this is a strange question, but can cats pick up on pregnancy?

I ask for a reason, Miss Gracie has been really funny with me, cowering when I go near her, wont let me pick her up, and this am she attacked me!

Not long afer she did that this am,
I did a HPT, it came up pregnant straight away, I have worked out I am about 5 weeks pregnant, on sitting down with a cuppa tea and trying let the news sink in, I suddenly thought oo is this why Miss Gracie is funny with me, could she pick up on it?
(I tried asking hubby what he thought, but his reaction was to go clean the oven!) so looked on net, but cant find much, so thought would ask people thoughts on here, if thats ok?

thanks in advance

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some pets do pick up on these things. Your body is giving off different scents that may be imperceptible to the human nose but not to theirs.

Congrats?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothic~mermaid

I know this is a strange question, but can cats pick up on pregnancy?

I ask for a reason, Miss Gracie has been really funny with me, cowering when I go near her, wont let me pick her up, and this am she attacked me!

Not long afer she did that this am,
I did a HPT, it came up pregnant straight away, I have worked out I am about 5 weeks pregnant, on sitting down with a cuppa tea and trying let the news sink in, I suddenly thought oo is this why Miss Gracie is funny with me, could she pick up on it?
(I tried asking hubby what he thought, but his reaction was to go clean the oven!) so looked on net, but cant find much, so thought would ask people thoughts on here, if thats ok?

thanks in advance

I am pretty sure they can pick up on the scent changes due to hormones.... but..... CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!!!! Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I am pretty sure they can pick up on the scent changes due to hormones.... but..... CONGRATULATIONS on the baby!!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!!!! Keep us posted!
thank you and yes I will as long as I dont end up boring anyone!