Question of the Day Feb 1st

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's question pertains to sleeping.

How well do you usually sleep?

Most the time I sleep pretty well. I generally get between 6-8 hours a night and that seems to be enough for me. I usually don't have problems getting to sleep but I do have difficulty going back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night. However I also have nights when I dream so much I wake up feeling like I ran a marathon which is what I feel like today.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was doing so well after my back injections last April, but I'm starting to have problems sleeping again. I sleep for a couple of hours, but my back starts hurting and the rest of the night is fitful sleep. I have Ambien to help me sleep, which is truly wonderful, but it seems to muck with my memory, so there's a big trade off. I'm going to schedule another set of facet blocks, and see if they will help with the pain like they did last year.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sleep fine, the only "problem" is that Ernesto likes to make little visits during the night, purring loudly and making biscuits. He likes to be stroked as well so whenever I close my eyes and start to sink back into sleep he taps me on the cheek to wake me up again

Early in the morning Flynn will pull my hair, I poke the boyfriend and he gets out of bed to feed the cats breakfast. He's the one who wants the bedroom door open so his buddy Flynn can sleep with him, so he's also the one who can get out when to start bugging us for their breakfast, thats only fair, right ?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i sleep OK. maybe 2x a week ill sleep straight thru the nite, the rest of the time one of the cats is waking me up, sometimes it nipper and princess chasing each other around, alot of times its just princess playing with her toys, and the only time its sabastian is when he wants breakfast, i usually never have problems falling back asleep but sometimes i feel worn out from being wakened so much and ill have to sleep a nite with the bedroom door shut!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on a lot of things! I sleep pretty well, usually, unless my daughter or one of the kitties is sick, if I am in a lot of pain or stressed out, and I never sleep when my husband travels until he is at his destination or back home.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was about 20, I slept the sleep of the just. I could literally fall asleep on a rock (and did so more than once while in the army
) Nowadays it tends to be much more in the 'OK' category. I typically wake up once in the middle of the night, but otherwise I'll sleep for 6-7 hours. After that, I have to change positions and I toss and turn until I eventually get up. When I'm not on a consistent sleep schedule (several days off and staying up late) or I'm worried about something, I have a very difficult time falling asleep without the help of something.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep well when I get to bed it just takes a while for me to get there because I'm often browsing the net, watching TV or reading a book. I probably get 7 hours of sleep a night.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep quite well now that the doctor increased my medication. I was going to sleep, stay asleep for an hour then wake up, unable to get back to sleep until 5 am. I was very grumpy

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not very well at all. I am thrilled when I can finally sleep for 7-8 hours without tossing and turning. There are times when I will just lay there awake, wondering if I will fall to sleep. I am so jealous of my wife. It seems as soon as her head hits the pillow, she is out. I don't think it takes her a minute to fall to sleep. I don't take sleeping pills, don't like them. The past 2 weeks, my wife and I have been enjoying a glass or 2 of wine about an hour before bedtime. That seems to have helped me a lot, but even with that, a few days I still tossed and turned or just couldn't stay asleep. I hate it

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sleep reasonably well most nights, and usually get about 7 hours (give or take) on a week night -- a little more on weekends. Occasionally, if something's on my mind AT bedtime, it and everything else even slightly negative will gang up on me and I'll have a crappy night -- but it doesn't happen often.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sleep great! a little too great actually
I very rarely have trouble going to sleep, or staying asleep, they only trouble I have is getting up
I sleep straight thru my alarm, some mornings it's the alarm turning off (after going off for an hour) that wakes me up
The cats are no help either, they are perfectly happy to stay asleep too

I have been known to sleep for 12 hours straight

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It varies.

I have insomnia from time to time.

I'll go a few wks to a couple months of sleeping ok. (ok to me is going to bed, falling asleep in 30mins or so, waking due to pain issues, then finally waking at about 8....ok sleep is getting 7hrs of broken up sleep).

Great sleep, is not waking up in the night. I get that maybe once a week if it's not an insomnia week.

Insomnia strikes any time, sometimes it lasts a wk, sometimes a couple of months.

I resent my husband completely LOL. If we go to bed and are not chatting, he's out within 5-10mins, snoring away. Then I have a heck of a time sleeping because I can't fall asleep with him snoring, but I'm ok if I fall asleep first.

I have learned though, that if I'm not asleep in 30mins, I get up and do something (usually computer or read) otherwise I will lay there and get angry because I can't sleep.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sleep pretty well, until the girls start taking up my leg space, if I can't straighten out my legs I get panic attacks...talk about waking a person up quickly! If they sleep on my honey, then I sleep like a baby. 7-8 hours night.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to sleep horribly. But now that I've been sleeping on our brand new Sleep Number 9000, I've been sleeping wonderfully! I dont have back pain when I wake up anymore, and I just lay down and I'm out like a light. I LOVE IT.

Our old mattress was about 25-30 years old, had a huge dip in the center, and was sitting on a broken box spring. Ugh. I used to toss and turn all night in that bed.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until I had my sleep study test in March of 2007, my sleep was terrible. I woke up frequently during the night. I had a hard time falling asleep: tossing and turning for hours and hours. And when I woke up I felt like I needed to have a nap. I was always tired, very, very tired.

My sleep study showed that I have severe sleep apnea and need a CPAP machine when I'm sleeping. Ever since the first day I had my CPAP machine, I've been sleeping well and feeling really refreshed in the morning. The only time I wake now in the night is if I have to go to the bathroom, other than that I sleep right through and even dream!

I try to get at least 6 hours of sleep per night. However, I seem to have a pattern. If I get mega hours of sleep one night, the next night I need very little sleep and in fact have a hard time falling asleep. On my days off, depending on how busy my week was, I will sometimes sleep 8 or 10 hours.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep pretty good with my furkids in my bed.
Tiger mainly sleeps with me, though. Miagi is more independent and the dogs usually sleep in my parents bedroom.