My new favourite coffee mug

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that I work only on one ward I have a place to park my coffee mug. I took one to work with me but it's so small. I don't even think it holds a full cup.

I saw a really cute mug at Starbucks at Safeway today. It's white on the outside and red on the inside. The outside has one single small red heart. The heart is surrounded by heart shaped elevated ridges built into the white ceramic. And each of those ridges are surrounded by more heart shaped ridges. It looks like the heart was dropped into water and the ridges are the ripples. It's so pretty. And the best part is that it holds nearly 2 cups!

I think I'll buy a second one and keep one at home to use.

I'll try and remember to take a picture of it tomorrow and post it.

Do you have a favourite mug?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have quite a few "favorites"
At work I have 2: one has a drawing of a Siamese cat on it and the other is black and white like a cow and says Got Milk? on it, I have no idea why I like it so much

At home, I have a big purple mug that says Crazy Cat Lady on it
I also have a mug I got in Hawaii that has my "Hawaiian" name on it: KeKe
and a Canadian mug with a loon on it

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, if you're talking about the one i use the most, it's my 52 ounce BubbaKeg... i use it for cold drinks, like iced tea or iced water.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several favorite mugs that I use: they all have pix of my furbies on them.
(what else?
). My s/o started the collection for me, when he got me one with Maverick's pic for my birthday one year. Of course, then I had to carry on the tradition of getting one for all the cats!

This is Maverick's mug:

Winchester's:

Geronimo's:

Gabriel's:

Spencer's:

Some of them didn't turn out as well as the others.

I still have to get mugs for Salem, Ricochet, Jinxy, Cassidy, & Chiquita yet. I've been waiting till we have a little extra spending money. I also want to get one for all my babies who are at the RB Bridge now.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I still have to get mugs for Salem, Ricochet, Jinxy, Cassidy, & Chiquita yet. I've been waiting till we have a little extra spending money. I also want to get one for all my babies who are at the RB Bridge now.
those are really neat! how much do they hold, & where did you get them?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

those are really neat! how much do they hold, & where did you get them?
They're a standard size coffee mug, and they cost around $10.00. We got them at Walmart. I just love them!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

They're a standard size coffee mug, and they cost around $10.00. We got them at Walmart. I just love them!
but how did your babies pix get on them?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

but how did your babies pix get on them?
You just take a print of them into Walmart, and they transfer it on to the mug. If you don't have a print, you can upload your digital pix onto a disc, and then have a print made up at Walmart.

I've never done it this way, but I'll bet that you could probably upload a pic onto Walmart's website, and do it that way, too.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a few favorites but my one real favorite is a "MUTTS" cup with Mooch and Earl on it (the comic strip "Mutts).

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That mug you are describing sounds really pretty!

My coffee mug is a travel cup made by Contigo. It vacuum seals and you have to press a button to open the top to drink. This means it is spill proof! As clumsy as I (and my kitties...) can be, that is very important! No open topped cups for us!