Superbowl Sunday food?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So what's everyone cooking for Superbowl Sunday?

I can't believe he's going to do this, but DH is going to make a dish of bacon wrapped around sausage wrapped around bacon. He calls it a man's meal. I call it a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm contributing a big plate of veggies to the meal to counteract the hardening of the arteries.

Here's DH's recipe:
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

Go Steelers!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been invited to a friend's house so I am bringing a spinach artichoke hot dip (recipe from Cook's Country magazine). I picked up a dark rye baguette from work, sliced it and brushed on a butter/olive/(little bit of garlic) and baked them until crunchy.

Don't know what else is on the menu though.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made my salsa and will snack on that with tortilla chips. I don't want anything too fattening, since I am supposed to be on a diet!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making deviled eggs! Also going to have Brats and pasta salad. I'm in the process of making the eggs and salad , so I don't have much to do tomorrow besides watch the game. Go Arizona!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

He calls it a man's meal. I call it a heart attack waiting to happen.
Yeah that!

Good choice on the veggies. I am making veg sushi
Easy finger food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

We've been invited to a friend's house so I am bringing a spinach artichoke hot dip (recipe from Cook's Country magazine).
I subscribe to that magazine and saw that recipe. It looks absolutely yummy. You'll have to tell me how it turns out - haven't made it myself yet.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So what's everyone cooking for Superbowl Sunday?

I can't believe he's going to do this, but DH is going to make a dish of bacon wrapped around sausage wrapped around bacon. He calls it a man's meal. I call it a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm contributing a big plate of veggies to the meal to counteract the hardening of the arteries.

I'm going to the annual party thrown by some friends of mine. They always make chili, someone brings an artichoke dip, but I don't think it's the same one. My contribution is caramel corn. I made it one year and now they won't let me come without it!
(For some reason, it tastes really good with beer. Go figure! )

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not doing anything - BF just got on a plane bound for Utah where he is going cross-country skiing for a week.

However, I am planning to make steak for dinner! Yum!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I subscribe to that magazine and saw that recipe. It looks absolutely yummy. You'll have to tell me how it turns out - haven't made it myself yet.
I've made it over the Christmas holidays already. I use canned artichoke hearts (three cans) instead of the more expensive frozen ones. I chop them up a bit too.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, ours is REALLY special! Sam's Club frozen meatballs, cooked in barbecue sauce, on rolls, with a half-eaten bag of potato chips, carrot sticks, a tub of dip, and a dessert of Ring-Dings. I know Martha S. is sooo jealous! :lol3 We're such rednecks. We didn't even set a table; just moved into the study to watch TV. No cute football plates, though I do have the napkins from the last 2 Super Bowls, which we forgot. We used paper towels. Eat your heart out, Martha!

And DH found a few pieces of bone in the meatballs...

We've been hand-sewing Rev War stuff while watching the game. I said to DH, "How many other couples in America are doing THIS right now, during the Super Bowl????"

Next year: we'll order pizza!