Newest "keeper" girl

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Introducing: Meridian Into the Slipstream.

We don't have a nickname assigned yet, but "velcro" might be appropriate. She's glued to us it seems. But the whole litter is like that.

Picture me in the kitchen in jeans, preparing their food with 3 of 4 of the litter at various heights climbing my legs, lamenting about how slow I am getting their plates to them.

She's just 8 weeks old and has never gone into the fuzzy uglies. These pics are as fuzzy ugly as she has gotten. I think she's going to be incredible as an adult.

We've had quite a few keepers in the last 4 months, but this girl is my favorite. She'll have that super rich coloring of her dam, Cha Cha.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Slipstream!

I made a comment about how I would love to catnap both her and her mom, Cha Cha (in the Bengal Airforce thread).
Still true. She's a beauty.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Never thought I'd say this, but now I want a purebred kitty.

baelfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
now that is a keeper ^__^. Her contrast and rossettes are gorgeous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

By fuzzy ugly are you referring to her fuzzy coat? She's very nice.
Sam,

Yes and No, she's not really into fuzzy uglies like many bengal kittens go into, her coat is just ruffled and not lying flat yet.

Basically think of Cheetah cubs and how they grow guard hairs to camoflage them. Compare a Cheetah cub to an adult and you'll see what I mean.

Bengals kittens often go through this same stage, where their true color/pattern/contrast is muted by guard hairs that fall out later revealing an amazing cat. This usually happens between 6 and 14 weeks of age.

The ugly-duckling syndrome in a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

Slipstream!

I made a comment about how I would love to catnap both her and her mom, Cha Cha (in the Bengal Airforce thread).
Still true. She's a beauty.
I've double locked all our doors! J/K Thanks for the compliments!!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

OHHH nice girl - her color should be outstanding and flashy. And love her eyes too
I have every hope and confidence that this girl is going to make some jaws drop on the show circuit.

Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Never thought I'd say this, but now I want a purebred kitty.
Purebred kitties need loving homes too! A purebred and 3 or 4 moggies make a good kitty clan.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for the record - Oci's also go thru the fuzzies for a few weeks about 8-14 weeks old. Jack's breeder really didn't want to send me pics at that time, but I told her I was more interested in the head then the body. It was a bit funny looking with fuzzies on the coat.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Purebred kitties need loving homes too! A purebred and 3 or 4 moggies make a good kitty clan.
Or two purebreds and two or three moggies.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I gotta ask. Why is she your pick besides her gorgeous coloring? What are her strong points and what are her weak points?

I used to show dogs (salukis and whippets) and I'm always fascinated by what makes one animal show/breeding quality and another not. How does an animal compare to the written standard for that breed?

Since I now have Anna I'm trying to learn about the Bengal breed. I realize she is not show quality and was sold on a spay/neuter contract (she is spayed) but I would like to learn more about what makes a top show/breeding prospect.

Actually, I've been following all the threads on showing and breeding regardless of cat breed. There is so much to learn!