Mya and Wil are back from being spayed!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They both tested negative for feline leukemia. My colony seems pretty healthy in general. They're resting together in the spare bedroom. I'm worried that it's too hot in there, and Wil is super groggy from the anesthesia. Is there anything I need to look out for while they're coming out of anesthesia?

These are number two and three being spayed! Making progress!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let them outside this morning. Mya seemed herself, ran right out of the cage, but Wil wouldn't move. I took her out and cuddled her, she doesn't like that so that seemed to snap her out of it. They both seem fine now. I'll try and catch them to check their incisions tomorrow.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great work! I've never had that problem with any of my males, but my females have usually taken a bit longer to recover. I would keep an eye on both of them, especially with the eating, and if you can, with the femail, keep an eye on her to make sure she is healing without any infection. Is there any way you could have kept her inside for a week?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wyatturpsmom

Great work! I've never had that problem with any of my males, but my females have usually taken a bit longer to recover. I would keep an eye on both of them, especially with the eating, and if you can, with the femail, keep an eye on her to make sure she is healing without any infection. Is there any way you could have kept her inside for a week?
They're both female.
I thought Wil was a boy when she was born, turned out she was a girl and my fiance said we can't change thier names, so I also have a girl named Melvin.
I definitely can't keep them inside that long. The vet said it was okay to put them out after just an overnight stay inside. The last one I got spayed was okay. I keep an eye on them though, they're my regulars, so they're usually around.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wil the girl - love it!

Some just take longer to "snap out of it", due to the anesthesia used....but definately keep an eye on them. I knew something was off when one of mine got fixed & 3 days later - I could pet her. (She's not a nice kitty)