My TV died

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching my Tv when suddenly it just died. We have tried everything. It has no power.
It is only two years old. Warranty is 1 year. We are using the one I bought 13 years ago. It works just not as nice as the, LCD HD . A thousand dollars down the drain.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I was watching my Tv when suddenly it just died. We have tried everything. It has no power.
It is only two years old. Warranty is 1 year. We are using the one I bought 13 years ago. It works just not as nice as the, LCD HD . A thousand dollars down the drain.
. .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine died last saturday, but i was thrilled to bits

My old one was only three years old, but i wished i'd bought an LCD so i've been secretly hoping it wouldn't last long so i could get what i wanted.

I took delivery of mine on tuesday and it's fab, and Jack loves it!!
I'm sure i got a 5 year warranty with mine?

Theres some cracking deals on at the minute with electricals, so i would have a look if your going for another

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's absolutely no power, look for a circuit breaker on it. Check web sites and forums for info on it. It may not be as dead as you think it is.

I don't know what they cost to repair, but I'd bet that the circuit board is the cheap part of it, maybe "only" $200.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
mine died about a month ago - but it was around 15 years old, so it wasn't the same thing as a new one dying.
i ended up w/a new flat screen LCD tv w/a built-in DVD player - i really like it. nice change from the analog one that died. plus i was able to get a smaller entertainment center, & i like it, too.
don't like having 3 remotes instead of 2, tho

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

If it's absolutely no power, look for a circuit breaker on it. Check web sites and forums for info on it. It may not be as dead as you think it is.

I don't know what they cost to repair, but I'd bet that the circuit board is the cheap part of it, maybe "only" $200.
DH took it apart and replaced the fuse. still no power. That was an excellent suggestion. It was only $5 . I was hoping it would work. apparently it is common for LCD TV's .
after doing some research. I found that there is a lot of LCD TVs with power problems. Most of them under 2 years old.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

They sure don't make things to last these days. Everything is obsolete by the time you get it home and unloaded from your car. And it's more expensive to fix things these days than to buy a new one. No wonder our land fills are filled with electronic junk

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I took delivery of mine on tuesday and it's fab, and Jack loves it!!
We need pics!!!