Question of the Day Jan 31st

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My question pertains to the type of computer you have:

Do you have a laptop or a PC ?

I use my laptop all the time, I do have a PC but I put it away into storage about a week after I got my laptop.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have both. I use the desktop in the mornings so I don't have to drag out my laptop. And when I get home from work, I use my laptop because my fiance is usually on the computer playing his game. Plus, I like laying in bed with my computer and watching TV.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use a desktop. It's only 3 months old, so the newness is still nice. I have a laptop, but it's 6 years old and the HD has died. I may replace it someday, but right now it's more money than I care to spend.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A laptop is a personal computer, so the question is a bit odd.

I have several desktops. I've never really felt it necessary to get a laptop, I don't travel much and when I am away from home I really don't need to take up that time, too, it's for other things.

Aside from that, I prefer to have something I can easily upgrade and fix myself.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I have a MacBook, we all have Mac laptops, there is no room in our 800 sq. ft. house for big computers.
The secret is to use vertical space!
You'd be surprise how much stuff can be fit into a single room.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a desk top. I did have a laptop which I bought from Dell in 2002. But it only lived about 3.5 years before the motherboard failed. I don't like the keyboard on a laptop so I attached a standard keyboard when I was using it.

I find the resolution vs screen size not very good for my eyes with a laptop. I like the look of high resolution, but on a small laptop screen I had to practically have my nose to the screen to see anything, which isn't so good when you are doing art. So I had to go with a less than optimal resolution to make things bigger which had an impact on my 3D graphics and web design which is what I bought the laptop for.

I'm happy with my desk top. I doubt very much I'll get another laptop. They're too heavy and bulky to lug around anyway.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PC = stupid term popularized by IBM that stuck.

I have a full tower desktop (and I'm in much less space than 800sqft living in a travel trailer) , gaming on a laptop, while possible, simply isn't the same....plus I have fat finger syndrome

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have both but I never use the pc.
My husband uses it.
I have a macbook and a sony vaio laptop.
The desktop is a sony also.
I like laptops so much better.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Mac desktop (three to four years old) and a PC laptop that's about ten years old now... the HD failed once, and was replaced by Gateway at no charge (this was years ago), and I think the motherboard may be starting to die out...

I also have a PC desktop that's dismantled, younger than the laptop, but hte motherboard was going downhill rapidly, so I saved what I needed, transferring over to the Mac, and dismantled it. I Freecycled the monitor (took up too much space), and the tower is sitting in a tucked away spot waiting for further dismantling... the piece of junk isn't worth the cost of a motherboard and new power supply.

I eventually want a Macbook Air (the really thin one)... but want the solid state HD, so it'll take a LONG time for me to get one (either that or the lottery).

Amanda

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a desktop. I had a laptop when I was 18 and I hated it, but they have changed a lot since then. My husband has a desktop and a laptop. He uses the laptop mostly for his work, and the desktop, with two monitors, sits at home.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a laptop - it's the first computer I've bought with my own money. I got it July 2008 and so far it has lasted me well. I love browsing TCS in bed!

I've also got a desktop downstairs but that's far too old!