Had a little 4.6 earthquake here this morning!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband was awake and said he heard a weird noise in the living room and immediately thought it was the was the cats chasing each other around. Then the bed started rocking back and forth and he heard a bang bang which was our daughter's loft bed hitting her wall.

I slept through it.

http://www.timescolonist.com/Breakin...208/story.html

I remember an earthquake when we lived in Berkeley. It was 10:00 p.m., my husband was away on business and our daughter was sleeping, and I had just sat down to relax and watch some TV before bed. There was this strange thumping noise in the floor then the sofa started swaying back and forth. It takes a second or two to clue in what is happening.

We've heard a few other minor quakes here; it sounds like someone is rolling a giant bowling ball above the ceiling.

Nature is creepy!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Nature is creepy!
My parents were in an earthquake in Japan before I was born. The painting above their bed alerted them by falling on their heads.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I heard that on the news this morning. Either we didn't feel it here (Vancouver) or I slept through it -- from the reports, either is possible.