Question of the Day - January 30th - Friday

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In honor of bad hair days. What is your secret weapon for those terrible no good very bad hair days?

I have no secret and I have lots of those bad hair days.
Down here in Florida you can't even wear a hat to cover it up. Unless you wear a baseball cap.

I just have to go as I am.
Bad hair and all.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
its finally long enough to pull back into a pony tail so i pull it back, add a few berets and go, there was a time in my life where i thought dreads would be a great idea for me, and it was horrible, i eventually had to get them cut out and walk around with really short hair, so ever since then nothing about hair bothers me, my motto is "its just hair!"

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday is a bad hair day for me!
It needs colored again (yes, I have dark/grey roots) and it desperately needs trimmed. Can we say split ends?? Everytime I get it cut, I ask for a "low maintance" hair style. To me, that means wash and go...apparently I have to be more specific and say "NO maintanance". If it's really bad, I just pull it back in a pony tail. If it's only sorta bad I just let everyone else deal with it. I do have a curling iron that I've used maybe 4 times in the past 5 years (and burned myself 3 out of the 5 times). So, natural is best for me. I'm just not that talented.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine's a paper bag over my head, solves my hair and my face!! (only joking!) I usually just put it up. I let a friend dye my hair a few years ago, i am a natural blonde but always wanted to go dark. Unfortunatley it went wrong and i ended up with bad chemical burns! which took about 8 months to heal! It was awfully painfull. Well i did say i was a BLONDE!!!! so now bad hair day? It's put up with it!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Mine's the run a brush through it and you're done hair-style...even if most hairdressers look at me like I'm nuts.
If it gets too long, one of those great big plastic clips - clip it back and go.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No hair styling talent in me, I'm afraid! It's hats, caps and ponytails most days anyway.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it's a hot summer day (which many bad hair days are) I'll put it up in a clip. Otherwise, I just walk around with frizzy hair. I'm not a fan of gels, sprays, or any other hair goop.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a very low-maintenance hair cut- in fact, I rarely put any product in it and my hair doesn't even know what a blow-dryer or flat-iron or curling iron is!
I am very lucky in that my hair is nice to me
I wear pony-tails if it is being bad

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep my hair quite short so bad hair days aren't really a problem. If it is not cooperating in the summer I just wet it down and comb it into place. In the winter I wear a hat outside all the time and so does most everyone else. We all suffer from hat head so it's just a quick run throw with a comb and way you go.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have long naturally curly hair. Its wash (condition, gel and go. It curls and sets as it dries.

On bad days I use a scrunchie for a big bun and some heavy duty ‘slick it down’ type of gel to control the frizzies everywhere else.

Because of the unpredictability of curly hair and the weather, I keep a small bottle of gel and an extra scrunchie in my purse at all times.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
like today: I'm wearing a cap

Ponytail or baseball cap, solves the bad hair day. You can't see my frizz that way.

I have just to my shoulder length hair, usually a little bit shorter. It's naturally curly (spiral), but its weird. I get the best of both worlds.

After my shower, if I do NOT brush my hair, I will get the curls. (I use frizz ease to help the frizzies) But if I do brush my hair when wet, it will have small waves, almost straight.

I don't spend alot of time on my hair at all. If I'm going out for an evening, then I will do it with the curls, and a little mousse for the frizz.

But 95% of the time I'm in ponytail or cap

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I have a very low-maintenance hair cut- in fact, I rarely put any product in it and my hair doesn't even know what a blow-dryer or flat-iron or curling iron is!
I am very lucky in that my hair is nice to me
I wear pony-tails if it is being bad
Aside from the last statement (mine isn't, and never will be again, long enough to get it into a ponytail) that is me.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

In honor of bad hair days. What is your secret weapon for those terrible no good very bad hair days?
I mash a baseball hat on while my hair is still wet. When I take the hat off, I have a designers rendition which usually turns out unexpected but good!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pony tail and head band. LOL I do that almost every day when I take my son to school. When it gets longer I will use one of the hair claw things, but at the moment my hair is too short. Pony tails break my hair, but I have no other way to put it up when I'm too lazy or don't have enough time to take a shower or wet my hair down. I'm hoping to grow my hair to at least the middle of my back, hopefully waist length.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cap or a do-rag
every day is a bad hair day, I'm growing my hair out and it's at an awkward in between stage.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the driest, frizziest, curliest hair ever imaginable
But you wouldn't know because it's ALWAYS tied up [unless I'm in the shower]

You will catch me in the odd occasion with my hair down but very rarely!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have bad hair days, I have a bad hair life. I've given up and just let it do what it does.