Vibes please - extreme summer brings on fires

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who don't live in Aus, we're in Summer and the last few days we've come into a huge heatwave. To translate it into your terms, we have hit around 111f, more or less in a few states. Alot of fires have sparked up, there were 4 in my area today and this didn't happen last year when we moved in. Our public transport is copping alot of stress from the heat and there have been tonnes of train cancellations all over the state. We are already on strict water restrictions, our dams and tanks are low, and our gardens are dying.

I just want some positive vibes from you guys if possible, this is really stressful (on top of everyone else also dealing with a possible recession)

Sometimes i wish i had magical powers so i could snap my fingers and make everything better =\\

angel80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you near Melbourne? I have been watching the Australian Open tennis and they have been saying about how dangerously hot the weather has been.

Hope everyone stays safe and well. Take care and sending you lots and lots of positive xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angel80

Are you near Melbourne? I have been watching the Australian Open tennis and they have been saying about how dangerously hot the weather has been.

Hope everyone stays safe and well. Take care and sending you lots and lots of positive xx
Yes we're in the eastern outskirts of Melbourne. Semi rural as well =\\

Thank you

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over 15 deaths here, mostly elderly that are heat related.

Monday it should cool down to 38c (100f)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Over 15 deaths here, mostly elderly that are heat related.

Monday it should cool down to 38c (100f)
Wow, that's a HUGE difference from 44

I wish i was in the city, it's 4 degrees cooler!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

For those who don't live in Aus, we're in Summer and the last few days we've come into a huge heatwave. To translate it into your terms, we have hit around 111f, more or less in a few states. Alot of fires have sparked up, there were 4 in my area today and this didn't happen last year when we moved in. Our public transport is copping alot of stress from the heat and there have been tonnes of train cancellations all over the state. We are already on strict water restrictions, our dams and tanks are low, and our gardens are dying.

I just want some positive vibes from you guys if possible, this is really stressful (on top of everyone else also dealing with a possible recession)

Sometimes i wish i had magical powers so i could snap my fingers and make everything better =\\
Oh my goodness. I can't even imagine that type of heat.

Wish I could give you some of our
to even things out.

Many that people can stay cool, that the heatwave lifts soon, and everyone can stay healthy and safe.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emma, I surely hope you don't have any fires too close... I have friends in a mountain forest near Santa Fe, New Mexico, who have this worry every year, and I don't know how they cope with it. Stay safe...