Is your life covered in cat hair?

maddox's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I clean, dust, vacuum, you name it and yet I can still be at work and out of nowhere feel a string of something on my lip...behold! It's a cat hair! I pull back my bed sheets...cat hair. Get in my car....cat hair. Open my curtains...cat hair.
Maddox is a long-haired WHITE kitty, and I groom him every other day, b/c he HATES it!!! I bought the deshedding comb and I always get enough fur to coat a whole other cat. I had him shaved a few months ago, to "start from scatch' and maintain his coat a little better, but he still sheds like crazy. On top of that, when he grooms himself, he pulls patches of his fur out and either eats it or leaves it on my bed! I love my kitty but we have got to find a solution! Does everyone deal with this?

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My color scheme is mostly white and there's black tabby hair on everything. I wash the sheets and blankets twice a week and vacuum almost every day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddox's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maddox is white...my apartment is black and tan. Feel my pain

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari is a white short hair and Topaz is mostly white. I feel your pain.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very little hair here--even less since we switched to wet food.

We make sure to empty the lint tray in the dryer after every load, and have one of those red brushes (like velvety) for lint, I run it across the quilt on the bed once a week.

Other than that even with shaggy brown carpet the hair is minimal.

Leslie

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much hair around here, low shedding breed with a short coat

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see no stinkin' cat hair.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.
)

My cats don't shed a whole lot 'cause I've got them on wet (and now raw!), but I've got five cats and, yeah, that's a LOT of hair.

When you find a solution, PLEASE let me know!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Maddox's Mom

Maddox is white...my apartment is black and tan. Feel my pain
Haha, I feel it, I feel it! I have a white cat, a black cat, a gray tabby, and an orange tabby, so there's no color scheme in the world that won't show hair from one of them.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I gave up inside the apartment. I try to de-cat right outside in the hallway. I keep a lint roller on my keychain and roll myself down as soon as I step out my door. I vacuum my car and lint roll that regularly too.

My boys are both short haired. They don't shed that much, but some. If the hair in your bed bothers you, you can always keep them out of the bedroom all the time. People with Allergies do that.

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
only my work clothes... they are black and a grey kitty and tan one will def show up after laying on the stack of them... also I have a ginger haired gf! so yea adds to the hair haha

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Haha, I feel it, I feel it! I have a white cat, a black cat, a gray tabby, and an orange tabby, so there's no color scheme in the world that won't show hair from one of them.
I have a calico or patch tabby in the States. And a calico here.... All the colors of the rainbow in one cat, or one cat hair. -I got you beat with one cat!

crushsteffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Waffles LOVES to sit on my clean clothes, blankets, and fleece jacket! Her favorite is my black fleece coat, though- she coats that thing in hair (she's a Turkish Angora mix...). She actually steals my jacket because she loves it SO much. She'll drag it from one room to another to sleep on it. My husband has to lint roll me before I go out the door in that thing! LOL

My other cat, Crush, knows better. He's a total cuddle bug, but knows he doesn't get cuddles until I change when I come home from work (cause if I pick him up there's orange hair everywhere).

Steffy

andrewfeline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten Harvey is quite a fluffy boy so tends to leave clumps of black hair on our cream carpets. It's not nice but nothing a quick hoover doesn't clear up.

Luckily its only the carpets we seem to see the hair. No where else... touch wood!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, all wet makes a difference in shedding?!

We live in cat hair. Wickett is a long hair black kitty who doesn't shed per say but drops tumbleweeds! Frankie is mostly white and LOVES to lay on my clean clothes... the darker the clothes the better.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
cat hair everywhere

i keep a good delinting brush in my car, in the AM when im getting ready for work i stay in my jammies til the very last minute, once everything is packed and ready to go, i put on my clothes and leave, and somehow i still manage to get cat hair on me, so i will de-lint in my car or in the parking lot before work.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat hair, Dog Hair, and reptile skin.... that's what my life is covered in. But out of the three, there is not much cat hair at all.

Kizzy is a Ragdoll, (the breed doesn't shed as much as other breeds), he's on a good food (which I've read can help) and I brush him 2-3 times a week.

I'll see the odd hair around, usually in the food
but not much at all.

Another good thing, Kizzy is light coloured, my house is neutral colored.

Even when he curls up on my black pants, there's only a few stray hairs.

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am covered in cat hair...but it doesn't belong to my cat! My boyfriend's two cats shed all over the place. They are sweeties and I love them as if they were my cats, but when I find cat hairs in my underwear, something's wrong! I wonder if it has something to do with their food. My cat eats healthier food and I think it helps with her coat.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When you find a sluition let me know! The cat fur really isnt a big deal, but the dog sheads like crazy. I can pull dishes out of the dishwasher and there will will dog fur on them. Witch just amazes me becasue Comet is not allowed in the kitchen, she does not eat off are dishes, and she does not get in the dish washer!!
I vacuume 2-3x a day trying to get it under control. It takes about 4hrs after I vacumme for the carpet to be covered in a black dog fur rug. We live in an apt so it is not like I can put her out in the yard.

Then there is Flower who leaves white fur arround
I TRY to brush or comb her every day, but for some reason she is terrified of the brush and thinks the comb is a toy. The only time she is calm enough to be combed is after a bath, as strange as that seams.

I have just accpeted that I live in a world of pet fur. I have a chair that can collect enough fur to make another cat.
I have often joked about saving it and making a sweater.