Finally!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's official!!! We are moving into our new house this weekend

We've been arguing back and forth over the closing all week - they made it Thursday, then the underwriters were behind. Then they made it Friday, but Rob's dad wouldn't be back from Louisiana until 5pm and we wouldn't be able to make it to the lawyer's until just before 6pm after picking him up at the airport. So they changed it to Monday at 4pm.

Twenty minutes after they sent us the email changing the closing to Monday, they sent another saying they would allow us to move into our home this weekend, prior to the closing, since they know we had our heart set on it and they kept promising us for weeks we'd be closing. So we will FINALLY be in our home, and I will FINALLY not have to live with my in-laws anymore (now we'll be behind them instead haha), and we can start our lives together with the kitties and no one else in our house. We'll also be able to celebrate our first anniversary (a week from today) in our house together. Starting the married life about a year after it began

My Sleep Number bed is calling my name....
We also need to move our two 55 gallon fish tanks this weekend anyway because they're due for a water change and I'm surely not wasting all that water. I went from being livid earlier today to excited! Yay!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YaY!

we need to move out into our own place, but it doesnt look too promising!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOOHOOOOOO. Congrats

I know how much of a pain it can be moving into your home. We built ours and it was a nightmare....lots of postponing n' stuff.

I'm glad yours is done and you get to move in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks

I am SO ready to get out. I've been so tired of living with Rob's parents, we dont get much privacy, and we are even married still living there! So I've been trying to convince him to move out for over a year. Then we started the house building process and it took nearly a year for something that should have only taken 5-6 months MAX.

At least we'll get a good interest rate!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations! Are you going to try to move everything this weekend or just the essentials (like a bed) and do the rest in stages?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to try and move as much as we can in this weekend. Our storage unit rent is due this Sunday, and I'd really rather not have to pay it for yet another month (we were only planning on having this unit for 3-4 months originally, we've had it for just under a year now...) So we're going to try and get everything out of there this weekend at least. I'm moving small stuff with our Acura while Rob fixes the truck that broke last weekend. We also have neighbors helping us move larger stuff. I guess some of the stuff we have at his parents' house we wont be rushing as much on, but I did bring home a huge box from work to move a lot of that stuff over there this weekend too. We're not taking all that much from there, just clothes, documents, fish tanks, and our other belongings. The bed, couch, computer desk, dressers (we have a massive master closet in that house), etc are staying. I plan on organizing as much as I can while doing it, like putting the items in each room they're going in, then putting them away.

It'll be a long busy weekend, but very exciting at the same time!!
I cannot wait to get back from bowling tonight and sleep in our new bed and bring Nero over to his new house (we have to convince Katina she's allowed inside, she always lays out on the porch of our house but wont go in it yet!)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long time in coming but finally!! You both must be very excited.
Will you have good weather this weekend to move??

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

YAY!! Finally!!

Now we need PICS!!
Let me give you a tip. Take pics of every room once you get the room the way you want it. Because it will NEVER look that good again!
Unless, of course, you are a better housekeeper than I am. My 4 dogs make it a challenge.

I'm SO happy to hear you can move in before your anniversary!!! I know how excited you must be. It's a lot of work, but it's definitely worth it!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!

We had pretty nice weather today. It was a little chilly, but if you were in the sun, you started sweating
Me, my MIL, and FSIL (future SIL) moved most everything out using just the Acura Integra and FSIL's Saturn. We even stuffed a recliner in the back hatch of the Teg.
I have pictures of that too, but not with me right now.

The neighbor brought 2 couches from the storage unit for us, and Rob & his dad picked up the last 2 things, the glass top for the dining room table and a futon for the spare bedroom, then closed out our account (day before the rent for Feb would be due!) It was very tiring, but so worth it. We assembled the dining room set and it looks lovely! I need to bring my camera over with me tomorrow to the in-laws (no internet or cable at our house yet, Rob needs to call on Monday for rates and service) and upload pics of the rooms we arranged so far as well as the "tetris" we played with putting boxes in cars.

PS- the sleep number bed is worth every penny

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Thanks all!

We had pretty nice weather today. It was a little chilly, but if you were in the sun, you started sweating
Me, my MIL, and FSIL (future SIL) moved most everything out using just the Acura Integra and FSIL's Saturn. We even stuffed a recliner in the back hatch of the Teg.
I have pictures of that too, but not with me right now.

The neighbor brought 2 couches from the storage unit for us, and Rob & his dad picked up the last 2 things, the glass top for the dining room table and a futon for the spare bedroom, then closed out our account (day before the rent for Feb would be due!) It was very tiring, but so worth it. We assembled the dining room set and it looks lovely! I need to bring my camera over with me tomorrow to the in-laws (no internet or cable at our house yet, Rob needs to call on Monday for rates and service) and upload pics of the rooms we arranged so far as well as the "tetris" we played with putting boxes in cars.

PS- the sleep number bed is worth every penny
I am so anxious to see pics!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had time to upload my pics yet, and we still have a bit of a mess. Still moving stuff from his parents' house into ours. I felt like I was on vacation or something curled up on my couch watching a movie last night!

We close on the house today at 4pm. They told us our interest rate is 5% even, and will be $1249/month including taxes & insurance. Which is about $200 less than our original estimated mortgage payment a year ago when we started all this! I'll take a 5% 30-year fixed rate, no problem.

I cant wait to be able to celebrate our anniversary in our house, just 3 days from now