Im feeling sorry for myself

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats developed liver problems, unknown cause. They're starting to get better after months of syringe feeding them every few hours. And over $500 later. I've finally gotten to the point where Im not at the vets office every week (woo) and last night I find Munchkin trying to pee with only a little dribble coming out. So we're going back, as soon as the driveway is plowed out (only about a foot of snow) to spend more money. They said I can make payments but I got laid off and havent gotten any responses to my resume from anyone yet. Im also trying to sell my house. I just dont handle personal stress well and I'm just about at the overload point. And to top it off I have a huge crush on my vet, who of couse isnt single

Yes, I am on the pitty pot. Anyone want to wallow in misery with me?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm right in there with you. I haven't been laid off, but if you look at my post about the next 2 days we are facing some tuff times at my company. I am also taking a 15% pay cut as of next week. I was hoping to get Jordan off his pred, but that would require another trip to the vet. I may try to get him there, but I'm just so worried about my job right now I don't feel I can make a move until I find out.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Count your blessings. Do something, an activity to relieve stress. Play relaxing music all the time. Take care of yourself. Go to bed early. And remember to count your blessing, make a list if you have to

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally understand how exhausting (physically & emotionally) it is to syringe feed a cat (or 2) for an extended period of time. The fact that they seem to be improving is cause for celebration. It's also great that your vet is allowing you to make payments----that can be a god-send when your cat needs care and you're broke.
I do hope Munchkin feels better soon. And sweetie, sometimes a good cry will make you feel better. I know it's helps me every so often; and follow cococat's advice:
Count your blessings. Do something, an activity to relieve stress. Play relaxing music all the time. Take care of yourself. Go to bed early. And remember to count your blessing, make a list if you have to

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its been 4 months and i still haven't found a job

So i know your pain!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

It's also great that your vet is allowing you to make payments----that can be a god-send when your cat needs care and you're broke.

My vet won't allow a payment plan, and I've been stressing out over coming up with the money to pay for Maverick's treatments & office visits for his liver problems. It's a real God-send when you have a vet that lets you make payments towards an extended health issue.
My blood pressure has gone up again due to all the worrying. I can sure relate to your frustration.

I've been trying to remain calm by reminding myself that Mav is doing good so far on his treatment.
I tell myself every day that things could always be worse. I've managed to come up with the money so far, and Mav is still with me.

It helps to take your furbies in your arms, and give them a big hug & kiss! There's nothing better for relieving stress than kitty lovin'!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys
I'm feeling a little better, my vet said Munchkin didnt have a blockage yet but somethings going on so he's on antibiotics and got an anti inflamitory shot and we'll see how he's doing tomorrow. So far he did pee once probably not quite as much as normal but still..whew.

Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Now, for the important stuff - tell us about this hunky vet!
lol, thanks for asking, I was hoping someone would!

He's actually the first vet I've ever had that I have faith in, which is great. He's been really honest with me and the last time he put in Arthur's feeding tube it came out in less than 24 hours (Arthurs fault) he didnt charge me to sew up the hole in his neck (really nice of him). He's tallish, with a bit of a Maine accent (
) and he's got a Great Dane (I've got a Dane too so that's really exciting). He's just great as a vet, always answers my questions, takes time to return calls etc. I always said my dream date would be a vet, I just didnt specify that he needed to be single (sigh)
Today he did ask me what I thought of his new hair cut, Im trying to decide if he wanted me to notice or if he really wanted my opinion.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by monaxlisa

Today he did ask me what I thought of his new hair cut, Im trying to decide if he wanted me to notice or if he really wanted my opinion.
Guys don't usually ask a woman's opinion about something like that unless they're interested. I think he's hinting around.

A hunk of a vet who may be interested!
I'd be in Heaven!

ETA: That should life your spirits a little, eh?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Guys don't usually ask a woman's opinion about something like that unless they're interested. I think he's hinting around.

I'd be in Heaven!

but, he's MARRIED. Bummer.

Maybe he needs to introduce you to his best friend who happens to run a Dane rescue and is pleasantly single

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'd be in Heaven!

lol

Maybe he needs to introduce you to his best friend who happens to run a Dane rescue and is pleasantly single
Actually the significant other is a girlfriend, not a wife...maybe the best friend could be a vet who runs a Dane rescue and is pleasantly single...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oops! I guess I misunderstood.
I thought he was single.

Well, from further reading, I now see he has a girlfriend. Hmmm.
Which probably means he's not happy with her if he is indeed "flirting", or he's just a big flirt, period.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, if he only has a girlfriend he is fair game!
No vows, no fouls, that is what my grandma always said.

Seriously though, I know you are going through a hard time right now. I'm glad Munchkin didn't have any blockage and hopefully the antibiotics will clear it up. Many coming to you to cheer you up. Feeling sorry for yourself is natural and everyone does it.

Now, I think it's time to start working on that vet.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Yes, I am on the pitty pot. Anyone want to wallow in misery with me?
Sure. Because i don't have all the money on me at once, my mother and fiance paid on the spot for my uni and then the next day for the biopsy, cryosurgery on Charlie's nose. I am paying back 100% of it. I don't have a job, and as a student i will have even less money, and even LESS because i will be paying off these two bills in segments each fortnight. Oh and i was given a kit list for my course, the next 3 weeks i also have to buy about 40 different things before it starts. And then they also say depending on what we are studying through the year, there are MORE materials you buy during those times as well. Then if the biopsy comes back positive sooner rather than later, i will have to get Charlie's ears operated on, they will be removing the tips to prevent any skin cancer. That i've been told, costs more than the procedure that he just had done 3 days ago.

And you know, it's my birthday in 2 weeks time, i haven't asked for anything because each year i run out of more and more ideas, or buy my own things. The only time i've had a party was when i was 9. No party, no money to spend on myself, no presents (i know, that's not hugely important).

Whoopee freakin doo!

Oh yes i'll just end this on a happy note. My new vet who i've only met twice, is very spunky lol. And yes i know i'm taken :p but there's nothing wrong with appreciating another fellow cat lover! He just so happens to be a cat owner, not a dog owner. It's a burmese named Boston

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Off the subject i know, but - if you and your bf had officially announced you were an item, you would fully expect someone to come and steal your man? It's almost saying that if you haven't taken vows, that your relationship is open to other people and that nothing is strong or deserving of trust and respect. I don't understand people who think like that. It's almost saying 'hey, i have a bf, but i don't mind sharing because we haven't swapped rings'

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I don't agree. I'm from the "old school" where if you're involved with someone or are a couple, you're off limits. I know I wouldn't want my b/f or s/o to cheat on me, and neither would I do it to him. Just b/c there's no ring on the finger or no written agreement doesn't mean that the other person is available. Just my opinion.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Off the subject i know, but - if you and your bf had officially announced you were an item, you would fully expect someone to come and steal your man? It's almost saying that if you haven't taken vows, that your relationship is open to other people and that nothing is strong or deserving of trust and respect. I don't understand people who think like that. It's almost saying 'hey, i have a bf, but i don't mind sharing because we haven't swapped rings'
Hey, I didn't mean to start something here, I'm just saying that if no vows were said she doesn't have to feel guilty if she likes him, and he's free to do what he wants. I'm not saying to GO AFTER him, but if the mutual attraction is there, there is nothing LEGALLY holding him back. I'm not saying he should cheat on his girlfriend (I've had that happen to me before and it's not nice) but he is legally free to leave at any time. It's what HE does that matters.

Wow....what happened to "all's fair in love and war"?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey, I didn't mean to start something here, I'm just saying that if no vows were said she doesn't have to feel guilty if she likes him, and he's free to do what he wants. I'm not saying to GO AFTER him, but if the mutual attraction is there, there is nothing LEGALLY holding him back. I'm not saying he should cheat on his girlfriend (I've had that happen to me before and it's not nice) but he is legally free to leave at any time. It's what HE does that matters.

Wow....what happened to "all's fair in love and war"?
I'm not saying someone should feel guilty for feeling an attraction, that is norma. But i honestly don't see any difference between being in a long term relationship, and being married except for a piece of paper and two rings. I'm not attacking you, but it seems that you are encouraging someone who is in a relationship to not feel guilty about searching elsewhere. I don't agree with that last quote. I would not go after someone who has a bf, and i wouldn't expect someone to go after my bf.