Help with breed on abandoned puppies?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These 2 puppies were dumped on the front porch of my husband's coworker. I'm trying to help him find homes for them.

Other than the obvious Rottie, what breeds do you see in these boys? I hate to advertise only Rottie.

We think they are about 3 months old and are both male. Other than that we obviously have no information about them.

Thanks in advance!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look to have German Shepherd in them as well. They are going to be BIG powerful boys when they grow up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

The look to have German Shepherd in them as well. They are going to be BIG powerful boys when they grow up!
I thought I saw some GSD in them also. I'm trying to get the person who found them to get a weight on them to see if we can judge how big they will be when full grown. Of course not really knowing their age also will make this all more difficult.

There's a dog who lives across the street from us (was originally a stray) who looks almost exactly like these boys. She's only 50 pounds full grown and other than Rottie, we've always struggled with her other breeds. I view a 50 pound dog as small btw. Last year when we adopted our Lola, I told DH that I wanted a small dog no more than about 50-55 pounds to be my lap dog. My other dogs are 75 and 95 pounds. They don't fit in my lap very well.

DH is calling them cutie-pies. I must find them homes or they might land with us. I told him yesterday: NO PUPPIES!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah---cutie pies that will eat your home to the foundation!!!!

Can you tell I'm a converted "dog to cat person?"

Cally

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are adorable!
Shepherd/rottweiler mixes would be my guess.
we had 3 brothers at the shelter where I volunteer that looked like them and they were shepherd/rottie mixes.

jscole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
definitely shepherd/rottweiler... they look almost exactly like my Carson when he was that age, I'd say they're about 3 months old... here's a pic of Carson at about 4 months old

Carson is now 17 months old and pushing 80lbs! lol

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got out the picture to some local independent rescue groups and they also agree with the Rottie/GSD mix. I'm pretty sure that we've got a foster home lined up for them. This particular group is an independent who has been adopting out dogs like mad of late, so they don't think they will have any problems at all finding homes for these 2 boys.

I didn't post all of the pictures of them that were sent to me. They sleep in piles together and are even cuter than the one picture suggests.

Thanks for everyone's ideas!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jscole

definitely shepherd/rottweiler... they look almost exactly like my Carson when he was that age, I'd say they're about 3 months old... here's a pic of Carson at about 4 months old

Carson is now 17 months old and pushing 80lbs! lol
Carson is another cutie pie!! So if he's 80 pounds at 17 months, then I bet he'll wind up a nice stocky 100-110 pound dog. That's a good sized dog (I like them big like that).

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Look at how big their feet are!!

They are too cute! I hope they find a good home!

jscole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aww I wish I was in Kansas too... I would definitely take one of these gorgeous boys... probably just as well that I'm not lol if I took home every cute furry face that I saw I'd have to own 5 houses to fit them all! lol