Molly's at the vet

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For her spay.....and now the wait is on....They said they would call me and set a time for me to pick her up....might be b4 3 if she is doing ok....When I called to book the appointment they gave me a price of 202.99 plus GST tax...I asked what that included she told me bascily everything...pre op blood work ( because I have been getting that done with my lastest pets) and iv fluids...I asked how come it was so low...I expected to pay more...she said cause its an immature spay ( Molly is almost 6 months old )....BUT when I get there....oh no that isn't the correct price...the total is 350.00..I flipped alittle bit about them needing to get here crap together there...I said I've under paid over paid...Its always fun going to the vets and paying an EXTRA $35 because they under charged me last time I was in....I didn't wanna freak to much ...because I was handing my Molly over to them
then they wanted me to sign something saying they are not responsible for anything cause she isn't OTD of her shots...I said she IS...I adopted her from the vets at 3 months old and was told she had all her shots...She needed proof....but couldn't find the records...I said well thats not my fault....so I didn't sign it..I honestly think they have no one in that office qualified to run it...Its all very young women/girls...I drove away upset having to leave her and questioning are they even going to do the blood work and iv fluids....I think maybe its time to change vets...if I am thinking like that...then obviously there is something seriously wrong...OKOK OK enough of that...
She wasn't happy at all being in the kennel...poor girls when she gets scared she purrs ....she was purring like crazy trying to escape the kennel...I asked how long she was going to have to be in the cage this morning...she said she was 2nd to get done this am...so no later than 9:15...I hope all goes well...they are going to call when its over....I really really really hate this part...

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know how it feels, but it will be over before you know it and she will be on her way home. Prayers and good

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that seems really frustrating...I had to sign so many papers for Jake this morning for his neuter I hated it. They pretty much made me sign things saying they are not responsible if he dies and that is always a possibility with anesthesia....He will be done at 4 pm today and I cannot wait, just like you!
Vibes for Molly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just got a call and she is outta surgery and I can go get her around 3:30...sooner if she starts walking on her own..they will call.....AND they are going to let me pay what they actually quoted me at first....I raised that stink and she talk to the manager and they agreed to give it to me at that price...Its a good thing..cause I had my phone book out already looking for a new vet....I spent so much money there in one yr...its about time they give me some kinda break...I have NO problem in paying what I owe...but its been so confusing the past several months going there....well I am not going to go on about that ...I'm just happy its all over for Molly the Dolly....she is such a good adorable kitty

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Wow that seems really frustrating...I had to sign so many papers for Jake this morning for his neuter I hated it. They pretty much made me sign things saying they are not responsible if he dies and that is always a possibility with anesthesia....He will be done at 4 pm today and I cannot wait, just like you!
Vibes for Molly
Awww we are both in the worry boat today huh...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I paid 100 less then they told me but the vet that did the surgery sometimes dosent charge for everything.
I am glad your cat is ok.
When Meeko came home she was not messed up at all.
The pupils of her eyes were big but that was it.
I was expecting her to be wobbly and messed up.
We tried a e collar at the vets but she took it off in less then 1 minute so we did not use it.
We complained about the front office at out vet also.
They always mess up.
We called because Meeko threw up 5 times last friday.
They said they wold get a nurse then they said oh they are busy.
Leave a message on the vets voice mail she will call today.
She never called.
It turned out she was off.
They double charged my sister for sedation for Midnights surgery.
I caught it and told my sister so they took the charge off.
This was in Nov.
Then a few days ago she gets a bill saying she did not pay for that part.
Turns out they had taken both charges off and the vet had not been paid.
The vets are good but the front office is terrible.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow - mine got spayed for $25.00... I guess rescuers must have a deal with the vets to get that price...
Anyway: many vibes for your girl, for a speedy recovery!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

wow - mine got spayed for $25.00... I guess rescuers must have a deal with the vets to get that price...
Anyway: many vibes for your girl, for a speedy recovery!
There are non profit clinics that do it for close to that price...Jake's was $45, I could have went to an even cheaper one but it was too far. But $200 seems crazy to me. Some vets go over the top....But if you trust the person and want to save yourself some worrying, it's worth it. I think part of my worrying over Jake is due to the fact that I've never been to this clinic before and it just seems kind of scary to me to hand him over to them just like that...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet is very cheap he was going to do everything including blood work for $95. But I still chose the clinic...I think $95 is almost the same as what the clinic offers for the neutering surgery itself because the vet does blood work too and the clinic does not.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I get that feeling around clinics like they don't think people care about their animals. Like, I there was an element of surprise in the voice of the technician when I was calling to check on Jake. And they have all these defensive policies like if you don't provide a medical record of all shots they will administer the shots, or quarantine animals- that in itself tells me a lot of unvaccinated animals and strays are taken there. I feel like I would have gotten much better service if I chose the vet. As far as shots, I won't have a problem with getting them done at clinic though because I will be right there ....

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not get my cats every shot because some are bad.
Its even in Cleos contract to never get the leukemia shot.
The clinics like to push them all.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet actually wanted to push for all shots like FIP and four sets of distemper combo. This specific I used has a doctor that is really good she really does research and only recommends what most holistic vets recommend too. I am very happy about that.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gee its 2 here I really thought they would call me early to go get her....cause she is such a hyper cat....I really thought she would be up and about right after surgery.....And I actually thought 200 was cheap for blood work and the extra's they charge.....turns out it was cheap...:eek:) But I am happy they are sticking to the quote they first gave me....Does your vet charge for this ? A heating pad ??? Extra pain meds needle form ??? An IV for flushing out the anesthetic ??? I honestly would think at least the heating pad and iv would be included in the price....of the spay...OHHHHH but the nail trimming is complimentary...otherwise it would be $12...
If I can get ahold of the list of things they charge I'll scan it....Its a large list...nothing but the nail trimming was free...that I can recall anyways

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to show you something really crazy.
Meeko and Spaz had the same surgery.
Meeko was way cheaper.
Here is my brothers vet bill.

exam-$55
blood screen-$100
Buprenex-$43.50
Metacam-$14.50 Thrown down the drain
Catheter/IV-$66
fluid therapy-$49
infusion pump-$28
FELV/FIV test-$64
Anesthesia induction-$75
anesthesia 1st 1/2 hour-$160
additional anesthesia-$38
ovariohysterectomy pyometra-$540
hospitalization-$57
injection pain med-$35
injection Convenia-$55
inpatient med-$13
NSAID injection-$45
thermal support-$31
collar-$9.25
daily care-$42
hospitalization 2nd day-$57
inpatient med 2nd day-$13

total-$1603.75

And here is Meekos bill.
Ovh-Feline 130.80
Ovh Feline Pyro 16.30
Basic Pain Management 36.50
Collar Buster 9.29
Buprenex Free
IV and Fluids were Included in 130.80
Clavamox-45.12 Not day of surgery
Blood Test 143.90 Not day of surgery
Urine Test 38.50 Not day of surgery

Office Visit 46.00 Not day of surgery
Meeko did not need the collar. she went nuts and took it off before we left the vet.
They said only use it if she licks to much.
The scabs fell off today.
She had the heating pad and everything..
Meekos total bill for both days was 477.10.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what Meeko and Cleos scars look like now.
Meeko is healing fast.
Meeko had surgery Jan 19th and it looks like this now.

This is Cleos spay scar.
She was spayed Nov 20 2008.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope Molly heals that fast.....WOW those are both expensive bills.....Like I stated b4 the office is totally messed up....I got my bill but its shows everything but its all 0's..This is how messed up it is...the first few things are for when I had my chihuahua spayed in Oct....Anyways they say on another sheet...she has pre op blood work and an iv.....its all messed up and confusing....

Molly is home but she won't settle at all....trying to jump all over acting all worked up...and her face between her eyes is all swollen...I am thinking cause she was rubbing and banging her head on the kennel in the car....I am sure she was doing that today at the vets....Well at least thats what I am hoping is causing her face to swell....I need to go deal with her...I hope she settles down soon.....I'll be back

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope her face will be ok.
Meeko jumped off the table at gthe vets when we went to get her and was slamming her head also.
She did not hurt her face.
She did have bruises in her ears though which I have no idea how she got.
Meeko and Cleo both had disolving stitches.
Can you post pictures of Molly?