I got a Wii!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've wanted a Wii pretty much since I first set eyes on it ages ago, and have mentioned it to DH a few more times ever since I was reading about Animal Crossing

Well I've just had a horrible week with 4 days in hospital due to an infection that they're worried about, and I have gone through a heap of pain, so he decided I've been through more than enough and deserve a Wii

So tonight I got home from class and discovered in the lounge room a Wii
He also got some other exciting bits and pieces, and a game called Petz Catz that he saw on the way out that he thought I might like. He's such a sweetie

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad you got your Wii, just wish you hadn't had to go through so much to get it. Now I have to ask. What is a Wii? I have a feeling it's one of those things everybody is supposed to know.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Sarah that is just sooooo sweet of Andrew. Hes so good to you.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wii want to play!

I'm sorry to hear you have been having those health issues. I hope you are much better soon!

Video games actually help relieve pain... I read it somewhere and it has to be true. I always play a lot more when I am sick and it helps me forget for a while. And Animal Crossing is very zen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I already told him I have to go get it

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Wii want to play!

I'm sorry to hear you have been having those health issues. I hope you are much better soon!

Video games actually help relieve pain... I read it somewhere and it has to be true. I always play a lot more when I am sick and it helps me forget for a while. And Animal Crossing is very zen.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel better.
Animal Crossing is great.
Wii fit is good also.
I can not wait to get my wireless working so I can play everyone in Animal Crossing.
You will love the Wii.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Now I have to ask. What is a Wii? I have a feeling it's one of those things everybody is supposed to know.
Are you serious!?

Only the #1 ''computer'' game ever made!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Are you serious!?

Only the #1 ''computer'' game ever made!!
For those of you who know this, I'm sure the rest of us must seem pretty dumb. I still have no idea what a Wii is! Oh, except it is the #1 computer game ever made.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The wii is NOT a computer game!

The wii is a Video Game Console made by nintendo - meaning it is a machine you put games in to play them - other major console brands are XBOX, playstation, sega....atari, commodore...

It plays discs in CD format, and is majorly different from other video game consoles. For example, the graphics are NOT cutting edge, yet the control system is VERY new. It uses a sensor on top of your tv to "trace" the movements of the controller - the Wii-mote (looks like a small TV remote!). So, while other game systems limit the ways you can use the controller (can only hold in standard position), the Wii mote can be held in different positions, shaken, flipped, swung like a bat/racket/golf club etc. This makes games like golf infinitely more fun, as you stand and "take a real shot"

Hope that helps a little

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

For those of you who know this, I'm sure the rest of us must seem pretty dumb. I still have no idea what a Wii is! Oh, except it is the #1 computer game ever made.

I'm glad you got your Wii, just wish you hadn't had to go through so much to get it. Now I have to ask. What is a Wii? I have a feeling it's one of those things everybody is supposed to know.
Not dumb at all.

A Wii is a video game console.... like playstation or XBOX.... the Wii is made by Nintendo.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

The wii is NOT a computer game!

The wii is a Video Game Console made by nintendo - meaning it is a machine you put games in to play them - other major console brands are XBOX, playstation, sega....atari, commodore...

It plays discs in CD format, and is majorly different from other video game consoles. For example, the graphics are NOT cutting edge, yet the control system is VERY new. It uses a sensor on top of your tv to "trace" the movements of the controller - the Wii-mote (looks like a small TV remote!). So, while other game systems limit the ways you can use the controller (can only hold in standard position), the Wii mote can be held in different positions, shaken, flipped, swung like a bat/racket/golf club etc. This makes games like golf infinitely more fun, as you stand and "take a real shot"

Hope that helps a little
Thanks for the description.

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Not dumb at all.

A Wii is a video game console.... like playstation or XBOX.... the Wii is made by Nintendo.
I've never seen a playstation or XBOX either, but at least I've heard of them. Anyway, I think I get the picture.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
for more information: Wii
my cousin has one, & her kids enjoy it. so did my nephew when we visited. i don't think i'd like it all that much - don't really care for video games, myself.
altho the Wii Fit add-on might be interesting...

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend gave me a wii but I play very rarely. He is into games and has every single system, but didn't like the wii so he gave it to me lol. I am not into games myself ...I play really old games on the wii like the original super mario brothers and just really old stuff that I used to play as a kid. All of the new games are so complicated and require too much time.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iv'e heard they are so much fun! What a great cheer up, bet he got a big fat kiss for that! I wish I had a friend who had a Wii, I would love to see how it works!
Hope you feel better soon